MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
ooooohhhhwww I really shouldn't read these forums... I just read this post and it makes me want my car even more!! Its less than 10 days away now but it still feels like an eternity.. I feel like I have been waiting for 10x an eternity...

If only I could get a definate date out of my dealer as to when I can collect it...

· Registered
80 Posts
Translation... in case you were wondering...

FYI: for those of you wondering... a conker is like a chestnut. I guess the key to not getting hit by one in the head is to not stop. :cool:

· Powered by VPower
148 Posts
We've got Country roads round where I live and it's brill driving at night with the roof down:) especially on a warm night. Getting colder now. Had roof down last FridayHavn't had roof down since,been too cold,enyone that saw me must have thought I was barmy(no air con-allergic to too much air con) or its been raining.With the orange glow illuminating the cockpit it feels like your flying:D :D(exaggeration,but you get the drift). WHAT A BUZZ:D :D

Only thing with driving at night is WHEN YOU GET TO A VILLAGE/TRAFFIC LIGHTS PEOPLE LOOK AT YOU AS THOUGH YOUR MAD.

· MINI2 No.1
42,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pappillon said:
Paul, that sounds really :cool: Do you reckon the heating in the car is powerful enough to be able to have the top down in winter (never had a convertible so no clue at all)?
I would, but I've been told I'm slightly bonkers (don't believe it).

You're hands will freeze if it's that cold, as will your neck and back of your head. Protect those (really quite important) body parts and you should be fine.

:)

· Registered
12 Posts
Driving at night with yer roof down

:D :D :D :D
There ain't nothing like drivin with yer roof down when the sky's clear and the stars are out...

I live in the City Centre, and when i'm driving in for my night shift, i always try and have the roof down......

People may stare, but stuff em, there only dreamin of owing a black and sliver dream machine like mine !!!!!!

· Registered
3,413 Posts
Paul Mullett said:
Especially with a bright full moon, driving through the wilderness or woodlands.... That has to be one of the most enjoyable things you can do in a Convertible MINI, wouldn't you agree?

If you haven't tried it yet, you should. People might think you're mad, but it's worth it.

:D
I love driving the conv at night!! (mine's not a MINI tho) it's so soothing, cool breeze, not much traffic about... I think it's more enjoyable even than on a sunny day :) :) :)

· 'MINI' or 'MAXI'??!
392 Posts
the best night time experience we've had was on Tuesday ... we went to the Blackpool illuminations... tacky as anything, but the feeling was out of this world. It was absolutely freezing, but i had 6 (yes 6!) layers of clothes on.... my hands were like ice, but we had the hot air 'blowers' blasting out so had toastie toes!

(and you get so many looks... probably from peeps thinking we were crazy!)

the experience was great! took a couple of photos of the car in the lights so will post them when i can!

would highly recommend it tho!!

:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.