MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Yatta!!
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - I got our MINI last year (53 plate) from JCG as a converted Works from new. I'm the kind of person who likes to buy a car - wash it sometimes, enjoy driving it and p/x it when it's getting on a bit. No mods - ever. Until this MINI arrived. Because of a mix up on spec I ended up with a roof decal picked at a moments notice over the phone. I'm lucky I liked it as the first time I saw it was when the car was delivered. So far so good. It's just a roof decal.

Within 3 days I was attacking the gearstick to fit my new Whalen knob. Madness! Then I settled down, thought about some bits but never got around to it. Until the first service was due. As the car was going to be away for the day why not get a couple of driving lights. And despite the fact I wan't too keen on them when I first started looking at MINIs I thought some black BMW/MINI stripes would look good too. OK it's easliy done. And I thought it looked nice too. The the 10 bhp Works upgrade came out - back to the dealers the following week. And that would have been that - but then some err. silly man reversed onto our drive and into our MINI. New rear bumper needed. And TBH the front had been "pushed" by some nasty person in a car park too and was a little less than perfect.

My preferred local dealer wanted £750 to replace the stock rear bumper. I asked about the aerokit bumper and he told me it would be 4-5 weeks - just like the whole bodykit. He tried to dissuade me.

Lucky for me StevePSB and Minty work at Damon Hill BMW / MINI - I asked for a second opinion and Steve booked me in so I could have a whole Aerokit fitted (at a competitive price) less then a week later. I am a picky person and I have to say the work was excellent. No gapping on the sideskirts or wobbly rear bumper - and with the car washed and parked outside it looked excellent.

A special thanks goes to Steve who kept me updated as the work was being done, and to everyone else at Damon Hill MINI. Even though it's over a 100 miles round trip I'd have no hesitation in using them again, and recommending them to other MINI2ers.

I'm just worried I might be into weekly modding - and I'm running out of things to fit :eek:

Here's a few pics of the car as it is now - and one as it looked at the beginning of the week :)

Attachments

·
Yatta!!
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
northandy said:
nice motor mate !!.... :D
Cheers Andy :)

I know the mods are all stock and there are lots of people in M2 with similar cars - but it great actually owning it :D :D

·
Mini Design Philosopher
1,028 Posts
I know its not related but........

Damon Hill Mini / BMW in Leamington, or are there others?

I was there earlier in year looking at Cooper S's!

·
Yatta!!
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lawrothegreat said:
I know its not related but........

Damon Hill Mini / BMW in Leamington, or are there others?

I was there earlier in year looking at Cooper S's!
AFAIK it's the only one :)

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Glad to have been of assistance ABG! :)

Yes, there is only one Damon Hill BMW/MINI and strictly it's in Warwick, but Leamington is close too!

·
Yatta!!
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update!

So there we were all done. Except that ever since I got the Works I'd wanted R90s...

...long story short, after another chat with Steve at Damon Hill I have new wheels. :D

I wonder what they will look like once they get a bit grubbier? :eek: I might have to clean them weekly :eek:
MINIs are such hard work :)

Attachments

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
StevePSB said:
Glad to have been of assistance ABG! :)

Yes, there is only one Damon Hill BMW/MINI and strictly it's in Warwick, but Leamington is close too!
People like you make all the difference.;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi

Really looks awesome mate.

Maybe you should try the colour coded wheel arches the next time round.

Whats the interior like?

Happy motoring. ;) :p

1 - 20 of 36 Posts