MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back someone posted a beautiful pic of a DS MCSC with chrome, bullets, and driving lights on what looked like a gravel drive. This pic settled months of deliberating on what my order would be. I've searched the forum, but it looks like the thread disappeared! Was hoping to get another view of that pic to show a friend what mine will look like when it gets here. Anyone have any idea where to find it? Or possibly have a sharp pic of your DS MCSC? Need your help to get my fix! *twitch twitch*

·
Livin' the country life
4,008 Posts
meinamini to the rescue!!

2phun said:
A while back someone posted a beautiful pic of a DS MCSC with chrome, bullets, and driving lights on what looked like a gravel drive. This pic settled months of deliberating on what my order would be. I've searched the forum, but it looks like the thread disappeared! Was hoping to get another view of that pic to show a friend what mine will look like when it gets here. Anyone have any idea where to find it? Or possibly have a sharp pic of your DS MCSC? Need your help to get my fix! *twitch twitch*
Yep, I know where it is, be back in a sec. Hold on!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
woo you are wonderful! as is your taste in cars! when are you expecting? mine is currently in the middle of the atlantic, expecting to make landfall around nov 16. *quiver*

·
Livin' the country life
4,008 Posts
DSMCSC rocks!!

2phun said:
woo you are wonderful! as is your taste in cars! when are you expecting? mine is currently in the middle of the atlantic, expecting to make landfall around nov 16. *quiver*
The birth is sometime this month, and shall arrive here in the antipodes in mid January with delivery hopefully the end of January or early February. The end is in sight. I ordered the car in May. The wait has been torture. :(

You must be getting very excited indeed, make sure to post some pics!!! :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Pics of my DS/MCSC

I have a couple pics of mine in the gallery. It has R99s instead of the bullets, but has all the chrome bling. I just got past the break in period and it is definitely worth the wait.

The last couple weeks waiting for delivery went really quickly for me. Here's hoping yours do too.

Happy motoring.

·
Registered
83 Posts
me me me!!

It's my baby!!! Yayyy how exciting!! Here's another pic for you. I'm washing her this weekend so I'll post some more pics when she's clean again!

Attachments

·
Livin' the country life
4,008 Posts
Pin-up!!

leila said:
It's my baby!!! Yayyy how exciting!! Here's another pic for you. I'm washing her this weekend so I'll post some more pics when she's clean again!
Leila,
You will be happy to know that your DS MCSC has become quite the pin up amongst those who are are still awaiting theirs!! I wonder on how many computers is it parked as wallpaper? It looks sensational, I sooo can't wait to get mine!! :D :D

More pics would be greatly appreciated, top up, side on??

·
Livin' the country life
4,008 Posts
There's nothing wrong with yours though!!

ChicagoGator said:
I have a couple pics of mine in the gallery. It has R99s instead of the bullets, but has all the chrome bling. I just got past the break in period and it is definitely worth the wait.

The last couple weeks waiting for delivery went really quickly for me. Here's hoping yours do too.

Happy motoring.
Many thanks!!
Your car is way cool, leila's is closer to my finished product....
I love dark silver!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
My Pin up too!

Leila,

Months ago I saw your car and asked you about your specs. Well, I ordered much of what I saw in your picture and your car has been the desktop pinup on my computer at work and at home. Sigh..... I'm in wuv. His name is Theodore.

Theodore finished production on the 10th and is now awaiting the long boat ride to California. To say that I'm excited is the grossest of understatements. :D

DareDiva

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the new pics as well, chicagogator and leila. Currently at work my desktop is a picture of the Liberty, which is not near as pretty as your cars, but it does remind me that mine is closer to home now! I definitely love the dark silver look, classy yet still sporty.

I keep flipping back and forth between leila and chicagogator's pics, and still cant decide on the dern driving lights! The car looks so sharp both ways! Glad that is a dealer install so I still have a bit of time to decide...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Driving lights

I love the look of the driving lights. I've got the chrome exterior, so I think they will be the perfect touch. However, I didnt want to shell out the cash for them, so going to make my hubby install them for me after I get the car. He's put them on before and can do it for less. So if you cant decide, you could always get them on later...

DareDiva

·
Registered
180 Posts
ChicagoGator said:

Happy motoring.
ChicagoGator,

You car looks incredible too! Wow, if I wasnt certain before I made a great choice I am absolutely sure now.

DareDiva

·
On the Tappen Zee daily
27 Posts
Mine, too~

Thanks for the pix Leila and Chicago Gator.

I have been speccin my MCSC for two months, and almost went with black. I thought of HP and CR as well. I finally decided on DS after speaking with my MA, who told me many blacks, blues, and reds have been ordered, but very few dark silvers. I ordered it and put a deposit down today - kinda felt like Dr. Frankenstein building his creation. It will be alive and in my possession in late March (hopefully). Here are the complete specs of my S convertible:

Dark silver body color
Black top
Chrome line exterior
Chrome mirror caps and hinges
Black bonnet stripes
Anthracite interior (to set off the chrome)
Grey and black sport seats (leatherette)

Premium package (chrome line interior, automatic AC, on-board computer, MFSW w/ cruise, HK sound

Sport package (DSC, fogs, xenon, 17" S-Lites - all season)

Cold weather package (heated seats, mirrors, washer jets)

Limited Slip Differential!
Sirius satellite radio

I am definitely going with driving lamps, though not sure yet if I want the factory models or PIAA halos.

Definitely going with the Whalen shifter, and may go with the JCW air filter, but want to hear it first - my MA will let me know if one comes in before my build date.

I think I resisted the classy dark silver/black/chrome combo because I wanted a "funner" color like red or blue, and because there are so many silver cars out there, but that combo is so freakin sexy lookin I had no choice!

Petey

·
Registered
180 Posts
Petey said:
Thanks for the pix Leila and Chicago Gator.

I have been speccin my MCSC for two months, and almost went with black. I thought of HP and CR as well. I finally decided on Dark Grey after speaking with my MA, who told me many blacks, blues, and reds have been ordered, but very few dark greys. I ordered it and put a deposit down today - kinda felt like Dr. Frankenstein building his creation. It will be alive and in my position in late March (hopefully). Here are the complete specs of my S convertible:

Dark silver body color
Black top
Chrome line exterior
Chrome mirror caps and hinges
Black bonnet stripes
Anthracite interior (to set off the chrome)
Grey and black sport seats (leatherette)

Premium package (chrome line interior, automatic AC, on-board computer, MFSW w/ cruise, HK sound

Sport package (DSC, fogs, xenon, 17" S-Lites - all season)

Cold weather package (heated seats, mirrors, washer jets)

Limited Slip Differential!
Sirius satellite radio

I am definately going with driving lamps, though not sure yet if I want the factory models or PIAA halos.

Definately going with the Whalen shifter, and may go with the JCW air filter, but want to hear it first - my MA will let me know if one comes in before my build date.

I think I resisted the classy dark grey/black/chrome combo because I wanted a "funner" color like red or blue, and because there are so many silver cars out there, but that combo is so freakin sexy lookin I had no choice!

Petey
Petey,
I've got most of the same specs as you. You're the first who I've seen whose gotten the grey and black leatherette - I've got that too. My car just finished production on the 10th, dont expect to see him till late December. I also almost went with a "funner" color but also think that the combo IS very so freaken sexy. Yeah baby yeah (per Austin Powers)

DareDiva

·
Registered
80 Posts
Pic of Grey leatherette.

DareDiva said:
Petey,
I've got most of the same specs as you. You're the first who I've seen whose gotten the grey and black leatherette - I've got that too. My car just finished production on the 10th, dont expect to see him till late December. I also almost went with a "funner" color but also think that the combo IS very so freaken sexy. Yeah baby yeah (per Austin Powers)

DareDiva
I ordered the Gray leatherette blind, and am very happy with how it turned out...

(And yes, the sticker has been removed :p.)

·
Registered
180 Posts
ChicagoGator said:
I ordered the Gray leatherette blind, and am very happy with how it turned out...

wow! That looks great. I think I am actually drooling... :dark: :dark: :dark:

Have at least 5 more weeks to see mine. Thanks for the sneak peek! Now I can add the interior view to my daydream. Sigh...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ChicagoGator said:

Hmmmm... I definitely like the look of the twotone leatherette, which I believe is what is on mine. Actually have it planned to replace with custome leather and have a similar two tone look, but the light grey would be a little more silver like the dark silver of the car. After seeing this pic with the interior, I think the lighter grey may work out well....and heck I could have a lot of other goodies for the price of the leather!

Anyh comments? How do you like the feel of the leatherette? And how does it compare to leather? And how does it hold up? Pros and cons of each?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts