MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
trouble you will have is for warranty claims the car must be standard or they will put it down to owner abuse, they also will have the argument if go to court that by adding intake and running different down pipe could increase power and that increase could put more stress on the gearbox ,(i'm not saying it does or not just saying how they will avoid the warranty claim) its same as in the uk and its all car makers , mate of mine has got a audi RS6 under a year old he had it mapped and had the DSG gearbox mapped as well so improved it made gear changes smooth even when got foot flat to floor, he had a fault with the car they scanned the car and flagged up it had ecu connected to and read and write files , they have now entered the car ion to their system and warranty void,
if were me i would out car back to stock then take to different mini garage and if they say its on their system as having such items argue the fact with them blame the tech who said it was must of been confused with a different car etc that might be your only chance and its remote as i would expect they would of took pictures of it all ,
will add for anyone reading this when you get any warnings on these gearboxes dont drive them stop where its at on the road switch off get it recovered,, as common the warning comes on at point where the damage might not be that bad and driving on does tend to make the outcome worse,
as for your car recon gearbox or electrical fire lol

1 - 1 of 1 Posts