MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently owner of a Mini Countryman S F60 (2020). This car comes stock with a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission. About a month ago I was driving the car when all of the sudden a notification pop's up on the car saying "Drivetrain malfunction". It went a little bit slower until I got to my destination. Driving back home, the notification was still up. About 10 minutes of driving passed and a weird sound started coming from below the car, like metal or something hard rubbing plastic. I decided to take it to Mini Cooper and BMW certified service center. Once I left the car (which I took in a tow truck because I was afraid of driving it and damaging it more), a week passed and they told me the transmission broke. They also told me that the damage looks like if it was a "human-caused" damaged, meaning they can't cover the fix with the warranty, making a cotization for the fix of $22,000 dollars. Yes... you read that right. They also told me that one of the reasons that could have caused the damage is the rough changing of gears. Like for example changing from 5th gear to 2nd gear, which is completely impossible in an AUTOMATIC transmission, the computer would never let me jump to gears like that without slowing down. My car only has a downpipe and intake, the transmission has NEVER been touched. If somebody could tell me a few or any reason of why the transmission could have broke, please let me know, anything would help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts