MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone want to meet for a beer over the weekend 5/6/7th November (next weekend)

I'll be working in Dublin from Thursday 4th to Tuesday 9th and staying in Merrion Square. I'll be working lateish Thursday and Friday but the office is only 10 minute walk from Grafton Street. A colleague and I will be available for drinking duties :D

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
i wish, no better place for a drink than dublin. get yourself down to lower baggot street, just off the corner of st stephens green, theres a couple of good boozers down there

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Hat said:
i wish, no better place for a drink than dublin. get yourself down to lower baggot street, just off the corner of st stephens green, theres a couple of good boozers down there
Nice restaurants there too, Bang is one of my favourites............:cool:

Buttons, Denise and I are in Dublin next Friday night, going to Mama Mia in The Point, dunno whats on for the rest of the weekend though........:rolleyes: Shopping I'll bet.........maybe meet you for one on Saturday afternoon if we can fit it in?

Fabio, MiniLou etc are based in Dublin too.........:)

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Top stuff.. would love to meet ya for a beer if you're about :D I'm waiting for Lou and Fabio to see this thread at the moment :D:D

Pat - Lower Baggot street is just round the corner from our hotel :D I know it well, I can't remeber the name of it but there's one pub that is pretty cool. It goes back a long wayfrom the street entrance and opens right out. Massive pub :D

I'll be working saturday, but hopefully only for the morning ;)

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Ah, I know it..........PM me your mobile number again? I think I didn't save it last time.........:eek: I can give you a bell, let you know how things are going on Saturday? ;)

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
o'donahues - great place. spent a long sunday evening in there being best mates with a drunk scotsman in rigger boots, kilt & john dere cap :D

there was a restaurant down there, dont know if its still there, but the tablecloths were paper & you got a jar of crayons on your table to draw with, all the best pictures were on the walls. great place & great food as i remember. last time i was in dublin was with work & we were staying in that big posh hotel on st stephens - the one with all the wrought iron front

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah I know the one, can't remember the name... but that was the first one we stayed in. The next one we stayed was over the other side of the green, tiny little hotel, but did the best cooked brekky in the mornings.

All the other times we've spent in the Davenport, mainly because we like it and the staff know us.

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
thats the one aiden. very nice it was too.

i can remember standing outside it with this american colleague who said "this place reminds me of boston" "funny that" i replied, "seeing as the irish built boston" :rolleyes:

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Hat said:
thats the one aiden. very nice it was too.

i can remember standing outside it with this american colleague who said "this place reminds me of boston" "funny that" i replied, "seeing as the irish built boston" :rolleyes:
And most of New York too..........;)

Shelbourne is quite posh, part of Le Meridian chain at the mo I believe, though it was downgraded to 4 starts lately, big hullabaloo, as its a Dublin institution........

·
F43i0
3,727 Posts
Yeah it would be great to meet up for a few pints next weekend :D
but i wont be able to meet up til later in the night probaly about 10 cause i'll be working til 10

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Coolio!! It'd be great to meet you Fabio :cool:

Like I say, it'll be me and one of my colleagues. We're working Sunday morning so won't be going on super mad bender, but getting nicely oiled somewhere :D

·
F43i0
3,727 Posts
ButtonIt said:
We're working Sunday morning so won't be going on super mad bender :D
Your famous last words :D

We'll arrange arrangments later in the week. Lou might be interested also when sees this.

We should get Aiden & Denise out for the night also :p

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
I'm at Denises beck and call next weekend, as she was on board with the run last weekend........;)

I have to earn some brownie points.............:eek:

·
F43i0
3,727 Posts
AidenL said:
I'm at Denises beck and call next weekend, as she was on board with the run last weekend........;)

I have to earn some brownie points.............:eek:
I understand ;)
Theres no harm in earning some brownie points!!, they come in handy at times :D

If your about my area and you are looking for some good fish & chips just drop in and i'll take care of yous'

1 - 20 of 88 Posts