MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Sorry for dumb ass questions - with runflat tyres, do you need to monitor there tyre pressure and if so, what should they be inflated to?

As you can probably tell, first car with them fiited (Goodyear Eagle NCT)

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

·
Totally Mental!
21,789 Posts
hi Andrew. Yes you do need to monitor them - it doesn't do any harm to keep a close eye as you won't see it going visibly flat as you would with normal tyres (due to the stiffened sidewall).

You'll probably get different responses from different people, but I'm running my 18s at about 32psi.

There should actually be a recommendation on your door jamb...

Hope that helps a bit :)

·
IJ 2009 - Team 81
3,223 Posts
You don't want to use cheap supermarket air. Use some decent Shell V Power air or similar. These high performance airs have detergents in the that will clean the insides of your tyres, improving longevity and performance. Ok so I'm kidding!!! :p

Check your runflats regularly as you would normal tyres. Som e will argue more regularly as you won't visibly see them going down.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You don't want to use cheap supermarket air. Use some decent Shell V Power air or similar. These high performance airs have detergents in the that will clean the insides of your tyres, improving longevity and performance.
Would a glass hammer work for this? :biggrin:

Cheers all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts