MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going by many of the posts on this forum, some percentage (5%...10%...higher?) of future MINI purchasers here in the U.S.A. have reservations and/or deposits in place at more than one dealer. I assume, however, these people are only actually planning to buy from the first dealer that offers them a vehicle.

IMHO, this means the various dealer "wait list" numbers are actually inflated by 5%...10%...or more.

Which is good news for ALL OF US, because everyone will get their Cooper's & Cooper S's that much sooner!

Does this sound logical to anyone else?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yes it does.

All dealers have interest lists with duplicate buyers on them, but I think you are low on your estimate. My guess is that duplicate listed buyers could be 25%-30% of the total. However, I think MINI USA has no idea what the multiple percentage is, since it doesn't appear that they have a centralized database with all buyer's names contained therein. That IMO is inexcuseable in this day.
Here is referenced a recent discussion of the topic, where BruceK mentions one person who may be on 11 different lists according to a MINI USA customer service rep:
http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4290&highlight=multiple+deposits

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you're right and the figure is actually 25 - 30% (I realize that's only your best guess!), MINIUSA really should try and get a handle on the situation. Maybe somebody from the home office in New Jersey will read this thread (They do check this forum out, don't they?) and ask the dealers to submit their wait-listed names.

On second thought, MINIUSA apparently doesn't have their act together on much of anything, so why would they start now!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hadn't thought of that before. I can only hope that my list is inflated as well. Actually, the optimist in me already was hoping that at least a few people would drop because they changed their minds. Either way this is going to be a long wait for me!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EdgarFan659...you and I are on the same list (MINI of Peabody's). I'm sorry you weren't able to make it last evening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts