MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dutton Rally 04 Victoria

The lack of info on the Dutton Rally site is disturbing. After 3 days - No lists of competitors, no running results, no photos.

So, I'll do my good deed and post some of mine. There were a number of MINIs in action, but due to the logistics of viewing all of the events I could only snap several of them in action.

coops41, CooperRoo and James Dutton were all doing well, but we'll have to wait for official results to see who won.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
hehe, nothing like a bit of product placement :)

great shots Terry, I was going to go and have a look but I completely forgot about it :(

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
I spy the OziCozi mini in the background in one of those shots too, saw you driving along nepean hwy on friday night as well.

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MickyD said:
I spy the OziCozi mini in the background in one of those shots too, saw you driving along nepean hwy on friday night as well.
Sharp eyes, MckyD, we'll have to call you HawkEye Hagar :D

Friday night my son was driving the OZICOZI MINI, he was just behind me, I was driving the silver 996 Turbo Porsche back to a customer. The long way home. :D

·
Track Addict
2,622 Posts
Hi,

I hope everyone had fun!

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for website results. It was a full month :eek: before the results were correctly posted for the NSW Dutton Rally. I managed to work out a way to get some of the results sooner, by changing the address of several webpages. I'll try the same for the Vic rally, and see what happens ;)

Robbo

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
Great shots Terry...

I love the one of the M3... OZICOIZi stix:D Its good to see lots of minis enjoying competiton. ive never seen the HIRE car before...interesting - is it me or is that a whole new yellow? Who was driving that and the DS car? Which car was James Dutton in?

I hope the OZICOZI stuff is working out for you guys.

Coops41...

Your car is looking the goods!! I hope you had fun on the Rally... catch up soon...

Todd

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Red&blackS said:
Great shots Terry...

I love the one of the M3... OZICOIZi stix:D Its good to see lots of minis enjoying competiton. ive never seen the HIRE car before...interesting - is it me or is that a whole new yellow? Who was driving that and the DS car? Which car was James Dutton in?

I hope the OZICOZI stuff is working out for you guys.

Coops41...

Your car is looking the goods!! I hope you had fun on the Rally... catch up soon...

Todd
Yeh Todd, the MCS HIRE car was driven by the Sherrin boys (Sherrin Hire) from QLD, it's been totally resprayed in an industrial sort of yellow. Looked very nice. All of the black arches had been smoothed and painted. Fully done up inside with carbon fibre floor pan covers, roll cage, rally instrumentation, etc. Sounded awesome as well.

The DS was driven by Craig Williams from Wheel Warehouse in SA.

James Dutton or co-driver was in the red/white MCSJCW in the action photos, couldn't get coops41 in any action shots as they were heading off to the other venue, and I needed to hang around to get photos of cars that OZICOZI had sponsored.

·
10,324 Posts
I understand Terry...

I hope the cars you sponsored went as well their OZI COZI went.

I was hoping to run in the Geelong Speed Trials this year down on the Geelong Waterfront... but they cancelled it this year due to - reading between the lines - in fighting on the organising board...

My mini motor racing aspirations will have to wait until the club is formalised... (in my car any way... cant wait for the driver training...:D) or until a future Melbourne Burrows day...

Todd

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
Red&blackS said:
IMy mini motor racing aspirations will have to wait until the club is formalised... (in my car any way... cant wait for the driver training...:D) or until a future Melbourne Burrows day...

Todd
Todd

Another option for your motor sport sapirations, if you are interested, is BMWCCV have a sprint meet at WInton October 9/10. Day 1 is driver training / practice and Day 2 is timed sprints. Eltel, robbomcs and I were there last year. My plans are to be at Winton again this year - maybe we could get a group of MINIs together?

Chris

·
10,324 Posts
XMINIX said:
Todd

Another option for your motor sport sapirations, if you are interested, is BMWCCV have a sprint meet at WInton October 9/10. Day 1 is driver training / practice and Day 2 is timed sprints. Eltel, robbomcs and I were there last year. My plans are to be at Winton again this year - maybe we could get a group of MINIs together?

Chris
Its my mums birthday:(

...And the week earlier dad and I are playing in his cobra at wakefield... I'd love to come.. but dont know... get back to me on it... what sort of $$ are we talking?

Todd

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
Red&blackS said:
what sort of $$ are we talking?
Todd

From memory, last year was about $150 for members / $170 for non-members for Saturday. This gave 4 or 5 sessions per skill group.

I will clarify $$ later today.

Chris :) :) :)

·
10,324 Posts
XMINIX said:
Todd

From memory, last year was about $150 for members / $170 for non-members for Saturday. This gave 4 or 5 sessions per skill group.

I will clarify $$ later today.

I'd be keen to do the Saturday driver training more than the race on Sunday... not really confident yet... baby steps before anything... this would be good after the Mini driver training...

This also seems like a good price!! Keep me posted...

Maybe I can bring the family along for Mums B'day trackside:p

You need your own helmet?

Todd

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
Red&blackS said:
Maybe I can bring the family along for Mums B'day trackside:p
Bring the whole family - I am sure that they will have a ball.

Red&blackS said:
You need your own helmet?
For scrutineering, you will need: helmut, long sleeve shirt and pants, fire extinguisher, bonnet strap and blue triangle to indicate battery location. Also, be prepared to leave with less rubber on tyres and less metal on pads.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dutton Rally Results

Dutton Rally results are available on the website www.duttonrally.com click on the competitors section.

The class (drivers division) win went to Scott Manson (MCSJCW) who had a ripper day on the Sunday winning all but one event. Next were James Dutton (MCSJCW), then Craig Williams (MCS), Nick Stillwell (MCSJCW), Ian Sherrin (MCS JCW?), M. Browning (Pug), Mark Tanner (MCS QZS modified) and Glenn Ridge (Smartcar)

The team event finished with Dutton/Luff 16th, Stillwell/Kenneday 22nd, Manson/Manson 33rd, Sherrin/Sherrin 35th, Williams/Heimsher 36th and Tanner/Morales 50th. This was out of 72 teams. The teams event is what dictates the "winner" of the event and this year went to Ernie and Andrew Fuller in an Evo 3.

This was the most competitive class I have been in for all four years the rally has been run and Scott did a fantastic job to top the list!

CooperRoo

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
Thanks to CooperRoo for posting results.

Well done to Scott and all the other Cooper S drivers - I am sure that you all had a ball.

·
10,324 Posts
Is Scott Manson (MCSJCW) coops41?

EDIT: Coops41's name is Scott!! So I'm assuming so... Congratulations Scott!! You've done well to beat some seasoned Mini racers...

I cant open the link for the Dutton page still...

CONGRATS to all who were involved!!

Todd

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
10 Participants
eltel
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing