·
Small state, small car
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What: Dyno Day
Why: Because we can
When: September 11, 9am
Where: Yarrowsport, Thurston St to the end, Providence, RI 02907
How much: $65.00 for 3 runs on the Dyno, or $50 if there more then 10 MINIs.

Directions
From 95 South:
Take exit 17
Trun Left onto Elmwood Ave.
Right onto Thurston St.

From 95 North:
Take exit 16 - toward Cranston
Take the Elmwood Ave. exit
Right at the end of the off ramp
Right onto Thurston St.

Yesterday I visited Yarrowsport in Providence, RI. Yarrowsport is a performance and service shop that is interested in the MINI. They now service a few MINIs in the area but would like to get some more in there. After seeing the shop and meeting the owner I was very impressed. We talked a lot and decided that we should have some type of meet and greet at his shop. Yarrow suggested we have a Dyno Day...

So... I would like to know if anyone would be interested in a Dyno Day at Yarrowsport? A dyno is a way to measure the Horse Power and Torque of you car. If anyone is interested in a RI service shop it would be a great opportunity for you to check out the shop and meet the owner.

The cost for the Dyno is $65.00 for three runs but if we get enough MINIs it will drop to $50.00.

Bentley Publishing will also be there to promote their new MINI service manual. Yarrowsport will be seeling the manual which is normally $99.95 for $89.95... that's $10.00 off! If you cannot attend but would still like a manual please contact me for info.

Send me a PM or post here if you are interested in something like this. Let me know if you would just be hanging out or getting on the Dyno.

Interested so far:

Dyno
ice (mini2)
Jay Pinheiro (osmc)
jurni (nam)
gbmini (mini2)
David Voss (osmc)
pezboy (mini2)
pcnorton (nam)
blue brummie (mini2)
nomonstersinme (mini2)
pmello (nam)
nhref (mini2)
bungle77 (mini2)
morefun (nam)
minimort (mini2)
jr9907 (mini2)
twoturbos1mission (nam)
holdenontoit (nam)
GadgetGav (mini2)

18 MINIs

No Dyno
Patricia LaPointe (osmc)
redspidermini (mini2)
crumpet (osmc)
Yvonne + Gary Costello (osmc)
george_ct (nam)

5 MINIs

If this list is wrong let me know. Thanks

·
Small state, small car
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ice said:
I'm down. I'll even bring the orange monster. He loves dynos.
Nice... we can't have an event without Mr. Toes.

Do you keep him in the car when it is on the Dyno?

·
heh...lame
2,422 Posts
I'm interested. Are there different kinds of dynos, or anything we should know? $65 seems pretty cheap which is why I'm asking. I'd probably do it though.

·
Small state, small car
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pezboy said:
I'm interested. Are there different kinds of dynos, or anything we should know? $65 seems pretty cheap which is why I'm asking. I'd probably do it though.
This is a basic dyno... it can do AWD vehicles though. So if you know anyone with a 4wheel drive truck bring them with you.

I think the number we are shooting for is 10. If we hit 10 the price drops to $50.00 per car. Can't beat that price!
The most they can get on the Dyno in one day is around 25 cars.

·
Expect Anything Else?
270 Posts
Can they do any pulley mods during the vist? Dyno first round, pulley mod, dyno, intake and exhaust, then the final dyno?

When, where in RI and I would probably come down!!!

·
Small state, small car
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good question.

Yes, but there is a limit on how many installs they can do. Let me find out some more on that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i thought yarro wanted randy to come and do a pulley party at his place? if enough people are interested he said he'd come. If you want a pulley you should try to do it this way. Yarro has only done one pulley on a MINI and apparently it didnt work out so he had to put the original back on. Randy has done like 200 pulleys.....

·
Small state, small car
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nomonstersinme said:
i thought yarro wanted randy to come and do a pulley party at his place? if enough people are interested he said he'd come. If you want a pulley you should try to do it this way.
That is probably what will happen... we will just have to coordinate something with Randy. I have been in contact with him.

·
Small state, small car
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah... two events sound good.

The first a dyno day and the second a pulley party +... meaning anything you want installed on your car.

Possible dates for first event?

8/21
9/18

Any thoughts?

·
Small state, small car
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
pezboy said:
Here is the Dyno. :D

1 - 20 of 169 Posts
About this Discussion
168 Replies
24 Participants
alastercook015
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing