MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to share that today I installed one of the appox. £100 new high pressure fuel pumps purchased from eBay.

It didn't work at all, totally defective car won't stay running. Waste of my time (and it's cold outside :( !!

I'm not sure if this is just a bad example, but I figure there is probably a reason they are super cheap...

In fact I somewhat wonder if they just tumble / sand blast old ones to clean them, put new seals on and sell as new. There was residue of sand around the mounting of the pressure regulator (actually under the mounting bracket too). Shudder to think how clean isn't inside.

I bought mine from seller: 'reng-uk'

And no, it didn't come quick despite supposedly a UK seller. I had already guessed they import to a sorting office then ship out from a UK address. Took 3 weeks to arrive.

Buyer beware. If you got to pay for garage time, get a known good one or you could be paying again.

· Registered
13,571 Posts
I wanted to share that today I installed one of the appox. £100 new high pressure fuel pumps purchased from eBay.

It didn't work at all, totally defective car won't stay running. Waste of my time (and it's cold outside :( !!

I'm not sure if this is just a bad example, but I figure there is probably a reason they are super cheap...

In fact I somewhat wonder if they just tumble / sand blast old ones to clean them, put new seals on and sell as new. There was residue of sand around the mounting of the pressure regulator (actually under the mounting bracket too). Shudder to think how clean isn't inside.

I bought mine from seller: 'reng-uk'

And no, it didn't come quick despite supposedly a UK seller. I had already guessed they import to a sorting office then ship out from a UK address. Took 3 weeks to arrive.

Buyer beware. If you got to pay for garage time, get a known good one or you could be paying again.
little tip when fitting high pressure mechanical pumps, ie squirt light machine oil in to the inlet and outlets and rotate them by hand before allowing the engine to rotate them dry as they run very tiny clearances and use the fuel as a lubricant and coolant without fuel they wear or damage them selves,, hence why some dealers blame super market fuels ie water content maybe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.