MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new MINI has white alloys and because I am such a perfectionist I find myself cleaning the brake dust off at regular intervals...

Has anyone tried the kevlar brake pads made by EBC? Apparently the amount of dust is minimal as they don\'t contain carbon...

If anyone has any experiences can they please share them with me? I think they are quite expensive but I wouldn\'t mind getting a set if it meant I didn\'t have to get the bucket and brush out every other day!

·
AKA Puff The Magic Wagon!
48 Posts
Because I\'ve used the products...
& no affiliation other than a satisfied customer :)

Try

http://www.waxwizard.com/

They do some organic (not acid) stuff for wheels that removes brakedust like nobodys business. You then rinse off and apply a light polish which inhibits brake dust settling & next time just lob a bucket of cold water at it.

The rest of the range - especially the polishes - is excellent.

Be warned that this stuff is more expensive than your normal halfords stuff.

:)

·
48 Posts
(Tried to edit post but went strange...)

Sorry slightly off topic but that is my solution & I\'ve got gleaming alloys on my other car. Regularly do track days with it too 8D

·
Registered
113 Posts
re: www.wazwizard.com

£37.50 for a 200ml tub of wax - they are having a laugh.

What\'s in the stuff? Dodo blood?

I think ill stick to AutoGlym - good enough for Ferrari UK and Aston Martin.

Dave

·
48 Posts
Baldie

Did say it wasn\'t the cheapest stuff around ;)

However, all the gear is natural & not man-made chemical goo :(

It also smells nice 8D

It takes me approx 6 hrs to do my other car properly using all this stuff, but the results are worthwhile.

I\'m not a concours anorak, just like my car shiney 8D

·
48 Posts
Also...

This stuff can be used sparingly & still achieve top results :)

I\'ll shut up about it now otherwise people will think I\'m trying to flog it... |o

·
Registered
1 Posts
We sell the EBC Green Stuff pads for other makes and models currently and have been very happy with the results.
They are a bit expensive but I sure believe they are worth the price.
Expect a big difference in brake dust and a slightly improved braking capability as well.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Does anybody know how much these brake pads are and will it efect the waranty,as they sound great, keep the wheels cleaner from brake dust for longer. That means less getting down on my knees with the toothbrush. :party:

·
48 Posts
Jakx

NO!!!

Use it on my Subaru & like the results :)

I work in the motorcycle courier industry not clean car industry

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
Just to bring this thread back to life...

Greenstuff pads will be available for the MINI in early 2003... which is nice ;)

Dom

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dom said:
Just to bring this thread back to life...

Greenstuff pads will be available for the MINI in early 2003... which is nice ;)

Dom
Cool :)

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
Not that many people will notice in the vault :rolleyes:

Some info for all the diggers then ;)

Dom

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dom said:
Not that many people will notice in the vault :rolleyes:

Some info for all the diggers then ;)

Dom
Moved it back into the mainstream again :)

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
You could try Mintex pads :rolleyes:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ive got EBC greenstuff pads on my Elise and they are fab. Very clean and can withstand v/high temps:D .
They also wear very well, either that or im not driving fast enough;)

·
230whp an counting
3,056 Posts
My mate has got green stuff pads on his Rover 220 Sdi. Not quite a performance car but they are ace. He reckons the pedal feel is totally different to before. But be careful running them in as He got them a bit hot not long after they were fitted and had smoke pouring of them. After [email protected]&#*() himself he got out and had a look but the pads were fine it was the green paint buring with the heat.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I clld EBC and they told me they did not the pads for the vehicle. I put on ADSIL sealant on the rim and believe me this stuff prevents dust from setting in. the site is www.adsil.com , my friend and I instaled it and it works!!!!! It used to take me approx 5 or more minutes on each rim the 16 spoke on I have thats 20 or more minutes per car. Now I only spend no more than 6 minutes!!!!:D on all of them:eek: remeber guys a professional needs to install this ok!!:( My friend was trained by the company so do not ry this yourself It can take you close to 3 hrs to put on depending on weather climate!!:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts