MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Economy going to the Dog’s, inflation on the rise! Mini Sales?

Economy going to the Dog’s, inflation on the rise and suspected interest rate hike over the next few months with Rumoured Rate of 7% come next year, Property prices having the expected adjustment to bring them back down to reality….Friend in Northern Ireland has just had his three year old House valued and its 60K less than last year.

Do you think this will affect the price of Cars at the show room? Mainly the Mini’s are second Cars and a luxury item and this will bite into Sales that is for sure, I See VW are laying off workers and reducing car production.

·
Whining....
1,901 Posts
NI House prices had risen unrealistically in the last 2 years due to excessive speculation so probably not such a good gauge of overall housing market slump but there is a real downturn nonetheless. Local car dealers here are laying off a lot of sales staff so I guess its biting - however there seems to be a huge rise in MINI sales in the USA as they adjust to Fuel prices that suddenly make their love of SUVs and other oversized nonsense seem rather foolish.....

·
Registered
662 Posts
It might not affect the sticker price you see, but if sales start drying up, then dealers may be more willing to discount to get a sale. Given that I plan to buy a Cooper next year, I hope this is the case!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Planning to get a nearly new Cooper or D either end of this year or early next. I like the look of one a D Jan 08 but no matter how long it’s been for sale it has never dropped in price even with new cars now on around the same.

Thing is my current car a Honda its just been taxed till Dec and just got a new MOT but its going to start costing me as it need bits and bobs like New CV joint and brake pipes are not the best. I’ve been going into my mechanic for now two years and he's been saying the same thing, “Thought you were getting a Mini”

The face lift model is out next year although its probably too late in the year, If only the 07 D’s reflected the fact that there is now 08 on the market but they don’t seem to..
If the Jan D dropped a grand I’d be on the phone….

·
oooh ... pagers!
7,799 Posts
however there seems to be a huge rise in MINI sales in the USA as they adjust to Fuel prices that suddenly make their love of SUVs and other oversized nonsense seem rather foolish.....
yep. my dealer has been calling and emailing owners of MINIs asking us if we want to sell ... apparently my 2.5 year old S is worth more now than i bought it for ... they've got waiting lists for the used ones.

nice that the us is finally starting to think smaller. :D

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank god we are in the UK!

I expect prices to fall over here, think its four weeks from order to door these days here.

The S is just a wee toy in the the states and one thing is for sure once you’ve crossed that dealer door your car is worth 1-2K less I imagine especially if your thinking about trading it in to a BMW dealer…..pitiful trade in over here then they bump on 2K to sell.

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
Not so much a bad time to be buying, I would rather put the money in a savings account as works better for us at the moment.
If you were to buy, it's a good time to buy second hand, a right bargain to be had. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts