MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys has anyone got a file for uplading to my ECU for more performance. I have my JCW file that i have saved on my laptop and want a modified one that supports my 17% pulley red limit removed, full jcw kit. Please. Or does anyone know where i can get my file/dme prog modified????????

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Have this EOBD2 kit that reads and uploads ecu program files. I used it to download off my car to my laptop, but i dont have any program to edit this file for more performance nor do i have any upgraded file to upload.

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts
I Have this EOBD2 kit that reads and uploads ecu program files. I used it to download off my car to my laptop, but i dont have any program to edit this file for more performance nor do i have any upgraded file to upload.
There are a few freeware tools that decode the files and can guess what bits are what map but re-encoding to upload isnt that easy. I'll see if I can find a link to the tool.

P.s. what tool do you have? do you know the protocol and link to it?? thanks...

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
The ones that I have seen are mainly for Subaru..... I was afraid to mess with them in fear of the wrong numbers getting put in the wrong fields.

Please post links if you have them.... :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EOBD2 is the software and obd2 plug that i used for downloading my management system to my pc and WinOLS is the editing software for the ecu, but i dont know where to get the mapping codes for what is linked to what code... e.g rev limit = code ????? hexidecimal..
Please can someone help?????

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi guys has anyone got a file for uplading to my ECU for more performance. I have my JCW file that i have saved on my laptop and want a modified one that supports my 17% pulley red limit removed, full jcw kit. Please. Or does anyone know where i can get my file/dme prog modified????????

I seriously do not recommend trying to do this yourself as you risk doing some very expensive damage to your engine. - there are even people on this forum who purchased 'professional' chip upgrades that caused damage.

You are running a 17% pulley with std intercooler - your IATs are going to be high enough for the ECU to be retarding things in an attempt to protect the engine. A larger intercooler should be your next mod before you try anything with the ECU.

I suggest getting along to one of the mini tuners that know what they are doing and have the equipment to safely remap your ECU - yes it will cost in the low hundreds, but if it is done right it will totally transform your driving experience AND improve your fuel consumption. If it is done badly your repair bills will run potentially MUCH higher than that.

My personal experience of this was with 1320 Autos in St Neots on the Cams/Beds borders.
I can strongly recommend their services. They will also be able to show you the difference on your car of changing to a bigger intercooler as well as check that your engine in its current state is running at its optimum.

For comparison on fuel consumptions, before I had mine remapped the fuel computer was averaging 27mpg. After it is averaging 34mpg - at current fuel price increases it should pay for itself in 3 weeks :D

John

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the info.
Where is the best (good for value money) place to get my map modified to my mini specs????
Where did you guys get your ecu re-mapped??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts