MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have the chance to buy a set of Eibach pro kit lowering springs, from the US. But before i do, I was wondering if somebody could tell me if the Springs will fit my UK Mini One. My car was built in Jan '02, so as i understand the springs are slightly different from post Feb '02.

Does anybody have the part numbers for pre Feb '02 Springs?

The part number I have are:

512177 / 305074

NR . : 10 - 57 - 001 - 03 - 22
MINI AB BAUJ. 03.2002

On the spring itself:

Front -- Eibach P0
11 5700101HA

Rear -- Eibach 0Y
11 5700103VA

I checked on demon tweeks and the part number for the Eibach springs they sell are EIBE 10-57-001-01-22, so there is a slight difference in the part numbers. :confused:

Thanks

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
The part number that you have quoted are for the Cooper S and One D.

The part number from Demon tweeks is for the One and Cooper.

Cooper S and One D are heavier at the front end, so that must be the difference....

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
Tony*t3 said:
The part number that you have quoted are for the Cooper S and One D.

The part number from Demon tweeks is for the One and Cooper.

Cooper S and One D are heavier at the front end, so that must be the difference....

I'm the one with the springs looking to sell............

Unless I was bamboozled by the Eibach tech on the support line, these #'s correspond with the pre-Feb 2002 Cooper line. I was led to believe that they would fit on the One and the Cooper, not the S or the D.

I'll make another call to the Eibach people tomorrow, and I would advise you to do the same. I purchased these with the hopes of putting them on my 2003 Cooper, but with the information I've gotten they are unsuitable.

I'll also get the box dimensions and weight, see what the expected shipping costs will be.

I sure hope this works out for at least one of us. If indeed I was given false info by Eibach and these will fit my car they'll be going on this weekend (just in time for New England snow.......lowering the front dam by 1" is sure to cause some fun). If they are for the pre Feb 2002 models, I hope they'll find a good home in Scotland. I've got some ancestry from there, it'll be like going back to my roots. Kinda.

Crossing fingers either way.........

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
OK, just rechecked the part number on Eibachs site. I think you were bamboozled, but I made a mistake too....

Fits the One, One D, Cooper AND S

The other number quoted by Demon Tweeks fits just the One and the Cooper....

Their site is good but easy to make an error interpreting at first. So the springs being quoted in the first post should fit all mini's, not Just One D and S as I first posted, hope this doesn't upset anyones plans....

Heres the relevant link....

http://www.eibachshop.com/index.php/cPath/333_334_335

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
Tony*t3 said:
OK, just rechecked the part number on Eibachs site. I think you were bamboozled, but I made a mistake too....

Fits the One, One D, Cooper AND S

The other number quoted by Demon Tweeks fits just the One and the Cooper....

Their site is good but easy to make an error interpreting at first. So the springs being quoted in the first post should fit all mini's, not Just One D and S as I first posted, hope this doesn't upset anyones plans....

Heres the relevant link....

http://www.eibachshop.com/index.php/cPath/333_334_335
This is confusing.........the numbers I posted on the original thread, the one's reflected in the first post of this one, are the numbers that are on the springs themselves. The numbers on the Eibach box they were shipped in correspond with the post Feb 02 builds.............but as I bought these off of another party, not an Eibach distributor, I was hesitant to pull the suspension apart only to find that they might be the wrong application, hence my call to the Eibach factory reps. After 15 minutes on the phone with them they assured me that they were pre 02.

Eibachs Pro-Kit for the post Feb 02 builds fit the Cooper and S models, possibly the One and D's also. Major change in the front suspension from what I've been told.

Again, another call to Eibach is in order for me. I'll get to the bottom of this. And the Red Sox will win tonight, and John Kerry will oust the BushBaby next Tuesday. You can be sure of all those things. Life will return to normal. Soon. And the world will be a better place.

Edit here:::::::::::::::

Thanks to all for all the added input. I've been sitting on these for some time now, was surprised to get a PM inquiring about these. With luck we can find these a happy home, either mine or yours.

And looking at the Eibach site listed recently, my price appears to be rather nice. If the shipping is outrageous I'll rethink the $$, make it a little easier on your wallet.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks tony for providing the links tony....

...provided they are accurate, it looks as though the springs bakerjc has to sell won't fit my car. As it was built jan '02.

Since from the info on the site gives:

part number.......................model......................................build dates
10-57-001-03-22.................one,oneD,cooper,cooperS..........03/02 onwards
10-57-001-01-22.................one,cooper...............................09/01 to 02/02

Well, looks as if these springs will fit your car bakerjc ;) At least you wife will be glad to see them out of the house!

Looks as though I'll need to pay retail price for my set then... :(

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i must have been typing up my post while you were posting yours.
:p
bakerjc said:
This is confusing.........the numbers I posted on the original thread, the one's reflected in the first post of this one, are the numbers that are on the springs themselves. The numbers on the Eibach box they were shipped in correspond with the post Feb 02 builds.............but as I bought these off of another party, not an Eibach distributor, I was hesitant to pull the suspension apart only to find that they might be the wrong application, hence my call to the Eibach factory reps. After 15 minutes on the phone with them they assured me that they were pre 02.
so, are you saying the springs might not be in the oringinal boxes hence the confusion.
are the part numbers on the spring 10-57-001-03-22?
whilst the box has the part number 10-57-001-01-22?

if thats the case, the springs won't fit my car - obviously you go with whats printed on the springs and not what the box says. :rolleyes:

bakerjc said:
And looking at the Eibach site listed recently, my price appears to be rather nice. If the shipping is outrageous I'll rethink the $$, make it a little easier on your wallet.
excellent :D

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
kbgnat said:
thanks tony for providing the links tony....

...provided they are accurate, it looks as though the springs bakerjc has to sell won't fit my car. As it was built jan '02.

Since from the info on the site gives:

part number.......................model......................................build dates
10-57-001-03-22.................one,oneD,cooper,cooperS..........03/02 onwards
10-57-001-01-22.................one,cooper...............................09/01 to 02/02

Well, looks as if these springs will fit your car bakerjc ;) At least you wife will be glad to see them out of the house!

Looks as though I'll need to pay retail price for my set then... :(
Don't max out your credit card just yet.......I'll make a call to the factory tomorrow. The numbers you stated above are what's on the box, not the spring. I can't be sure the box is the original.

But if it turns out they won't fit yours and will fit mine, if you ever fly into Boston I'll pick you up at Logan and let you drive the horrendous roads of Massachusetts. I'll even buy you a few watery American beers, make you long for home within hours of setting foot in North America.

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
Double post!!

Sorry for the redundancy, but just to make sure we are all on the same page take a look at the .jpg. Sloppy I know but it gets the point across.

And next June ship your MINIs over for this:

http://www.minisontop.com

Some of the beer is on me. Not all. I know how you guys can drink.

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OMG i think i need a beer just from all this confusion. :D :confused:

right, the front springs has the 001-01-22 part number
the rear springs has the part number 001-03-22 which I assume are the same regardless of whether the car is pre or post feb '02 as the only differences are with the fronts? can sombody clarify this?

if THAT is the case then the pendulum swings and the springs should fit my car :confused:

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
If these springs don't do something soon I'll need to resort to this. The shop is selling them for $180.00 US each. That'd be a good return on a bad investment on my part.

More tomorrow guys, the World Series starts soon. Why they call it the World Series I don't know. Seems kinda local to Massachusets and Missouri at this point.

As for MINIsOnTop 2004, at the top of Mt Washington wind speeds were 80 - 90 MPH. What's that in KM?

See what's happening there now:

http://www.mountwashington.org/cam/index.php

Attachments

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
My god my head is spinning.....

I would guess that if you had both kits, you would find the rear springs are the same in both kits, and the fronts were different. However, as I read it, one kit fits only the One and Cooper, the other kit fits all cars.

But I am not taking any responsibilty, and wished I'd never seen this thread!!!!!!

Good luck.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tony*t3 said:
I would guess that if you had both kits, you would find the rear springs are the same in both kits, and the fronts were different. However, as I read it, one kit fits only the One and Cooper, the other kit fits all cars.
Yeah thats the problem here. there are 2 kits one that fits only cooper and ones and the other that fits all models of the mini. Add to that, kits pre and post feb '02 are different and you get :confused: :confused: :confused:

lol

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
Tony*t3 said:
My god my head is spinning.....

But I am not taking any responsibilty, and wished I'd never seen this thread!!!!!!

Good luck.
Aw, c'mon. It's not that confusing.

I see it as Eibach selling two separate kits. One is for the pre-Feb '02 Cooper and One. No kits were made for the S at that time.

The other is for the post-Feb '02 One, Cooper and S models. They're listed as fitting up to the '04 model year to my knowledge, and may indeed fit the '05 also.

The big question at hand is what kit do I have now sitting in the back of my MINI waiting to be weighed to figure out postage to the UK, and a call in a few hours to the California offices of Eibach to once again try to verify the application.

More later when the info is at hand.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bakerjc said:
Aw, c'mon. It's not that confusing.

I see it as Eibach selling two separate kits. One is for the pre-Feb '02 Cooper and One. No kits were made for the S at that time.

The other is for the post-Feb '02 One, Cooper and S models. They're listed as fitting up to the '04 model year to my knowledge, and may indeed fit the '05 also.

The big question at hand is what kit do I have now sitting in the back of my MINI waiting to be weighed to figure out postage to the UK, and a call in a few hours to the California offices of Eibach to once again try to verify the application.

More later when the info is at hand.
you make it sound so simple... ;) why do eibach have to make it so confusing? :eek:

either way your wife will be happy to see the back of them, doubt she fancies the lamp idea!

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
kbgnat said:
you make it sound so simple... ;) why do eibach have to make it so confusing? :eek:

either way your wife will be happy to see the back of them, doubt she fancies the lamp idea!
Now you've gotta admit those are nice lamps........pure copper shades on them babies!

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
Just got off the phone with Eibach. This guy just reversed everything I was told from the last phone call to them.

First off, I had the front and rear part #'s transposed. It should read:

Rear Set
Eibach P0
11 5700101HA

Front Set
Eibach 0Y
11 5700103VA

Info I got:

The rears did not change over the model years, only the front. He assured me that the kit I have will indeed fit my model year (again, going against what I was led to believe on my last call to them). He had some problems getting the correct info, these springs are an import from Germany, he had to search through a few databases. Looks like the previous guy didn't get to the correct one.

So, I guess I owe you all an apology and a big thanks. Had you not rattled my cage these would still be sitting doing nothing on my living room floor, possibly for years to come.

Other things I've learned:

1. Shipping a 16 pound 23X14X6 inches parcel over to the UK is $65.00 US 4-6 day delivery, FedEx and UPS are between $130.00 - $160.00. DHL is big bucks too. You may have to assume VAT on top of that.

2. You can never have enough lamps.

3. Always call twice anytime you want correct info.

4. The rear strut, when reassembling to the trailing arm, should be torqued while the tires are on the ground, suspension under compression.

Again guys, many thanks. kb, it was nice doing all the correspondence. The offer of Boston is still good. Get your MINIs on the boat, get them here for June. Let me know what side of the road you like to drive on, I'll get the traffic laws here changed. It's said you can actually see Scotland from the top of Mt Washington. You'll be able to wave to your friends.

If I ever get these on the MINI I'll post some pics.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bakerjc said:
Again guys, many thanks. kb, it was nice doing all the correspondence. The offer of Boston is still good. Get your MINIs on the boat, get them here for June. Let me know what side of the road you like to drive on, I'll get the traffic laws here changed. It's said you can actually see Scotland from the top of Mt Washington. You'll be able to wave to your friends.

If I ever get these on the MINI I'll post some pics.
good going baker, can't wait to see the pics. hope you enjoy them! :) ...

... now where can i get a cheap set of pre feb '02 eibachs from? :confused: ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts