MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had Dealer ring,our S will be arriving Monday 18th then four days to prep and fit Aerokit,so will collect it Fri 22nd then booked into John Coopers for the Works Kit on Tues 26th,pick it up on Wed 27th after midday and should be interesting trip home from Worthing :D :D :D :D
Chilli R/W (nearly the same as our Cooper but i expect it to be a bit quicker lol)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not me whose excited, its him indoors.
He's already been to the dealer's compound today to see if it's come early and there is one with our spec so presume it's the one. He then dragged me over there when I came home from work (so he could have a second look). It hasn't got the aero kit yet so I can't see it's that special.
Maybe it's a woman thing, but I'm still sad about having to trade in my dear little Cooper.
He seems to have a certain personality that a JCW won't have and even though I'm sure it will be great fun to drive, I'm still going to miss my little guy with his cute red interior and little fat round body.
The new one seems somewhat more grown up and with more attitude and I expect it will take me a while to build up the relationship that I have with my baby at the moment.
Give me a week behind the wheel and I'm sure I'll be converted.
I'm probably feeling a bit neurotic about it just now as I gave up smoking two days ago and I'm particulary grumpy at the moment.
Roll on Wednesday 27th when we pick it up from John Coopers all Worked Up !!

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
dinnerlady said:
It's not me whose excited, its him indoors.
He's already been to the dealer's compound today to see if it's come early and there is one with our spec so presume it's the one. He then dragged me over there when I came home from work (so he could have a second look). It hasn't got the aero kit yet so I can't see it's that special.
Maybe it's a woman thing, but I'm still sad about having to trade in my dear little Cooper.
He seems to have a certain personality that a JCW won't have and even though I'm sure it will be great fun to drive, I'm still going to miss my little guy with his cute red interior and little fat round body.
The new one seems somewhat more grown up and with more attitude and I expect it will take me a while to build up the relationship that I have with my baby at the moment.
Give me a week behind the wheel and I'm sure I'll be converted.
I'm probably feeling a bit neurotic about it just now as I gave up smoking two days ago and I'm particulary grumpy at the moment.
Roll on Wednesday 27th when we pick it up from John Coopers all Worked Up !!

this made me laugh.

firstly, i am NOT being sexist. having simply typed that you already think I am, but i am not.

What you need to appreciate is, and i am sure this stems back to 100000 BC, it is mans in built programme to progress and strive for better things - I am sure darwin will agree.

So, you have a cooper, but around the corner is a cooper S.

I have fallen for the same trap, i have an S and am getting a brand new Cooper S Works. Oh, and it is not a trap - it's the enjoyment of life and having what is really great.

Remember, different things turn on different people. You may be really excited about A and B, your geeze may be excited about C & D. (glad i never to got S & M!!!)

Be comforting to the fella, he means well and is just trying to advance your asset portfolio.

--- did i just say that? in work tooooo long

anyway, ENJOY your new S. It is amazing - trust me !!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that, I don't think he's increasing my asset portfolio, considering I have just taken out a £23,000 bank loan!!! (He's making the payments, but it's in my name!)
I just hope that he is happy once he gets it. I would have been happy with a Mini One a year ago, but let him talk me into a Cooper.
He talked me into upgrading to a Cooper S and now it's become a Cooper S Works as he says we are so close to having his ultimate Mini, we might as well go all the way.
I suppose I should be happy he hasn't wanted to trade me in for a faster model!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pick up MCS tomorrow :D :D already got some of the car in the shed,dealer rang and asked us to collect our old (new) bits after fitting of the Aerokit, so my other half emptied out his skoda est and just managed to fit the two boxes in the back containing front/rear bumpers and side skirts and although he was told not not to look at it before I get to see it, he said the MCS was sat in the car park complete and looking good. I'm still getting sentimental about the Cooper going tomorrow but I'm sure I'll get over it as soon as I drive the new one.
So if anyone is interested in Chili Red S bumpers and side skirts, let me know.

·
Riding on JCW power!
367 Posts
well done, picked mine up last weekend, I am now totally paranoid about straches and marks on it (thing i'm obsessed :eek: :eek: ) have to go back to the dealer about a dink in alloy

love the car to bits :D

enjoy :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts