MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Will Johnson
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Having a small problem with my 02 MCS.... When I pull the windows right down to the bottom and then push the button to the close them, the glasses seems to stuttering and jump until it gets to about 1/2 way up.....

Now i noticed first thing in the morning it doesnt do it, only when its got really hot (like it has these past few days....) could it be a heat problem? is a rubber seal somewhere expanding and causing it to resist against the glass going up?

Any ideas?

Cheers
Will

·
Will Johnson
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol oh great - at least thats all it is....... is there anything i can do "lube" wish - i've been searching the forum and they said to cure sqeaking windows you can get some lube from Halfords... would this help it or should i just park..... in the shade lol

cheers guys!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I don't think it can just be blamed on heat. My 2003 MCS copes OK with up to 40 degree.

Silicon lube on the seals might help (can't see that it would hurt in any case).
Another possibility is the window angle. If this isn't perfect it could be leaning to much again a seal on one side and sticking a bit. You have to take the door cladding off though to start adjustments on that and it could be a fairly time consuming trial and error job. I'd try the lube first and if you like DIY an have a Haynes manual have a look at the window angle adjustment (on a hot day so you know if you have cured it).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just had the same problem on my 03 MCS and like you thought it was heat related and just needed bit of lubrication. Also noticed ddidn't drop that 1/4 inch to allow door to close from time to time.

Luckily still have cherished warranty so took it in and both door cards were removed to find that the window cables were misaligned on one suide and glass was catching regulator on the other! All realigned and adjusted by tech and now close fine, seals were also oiled at same time and now run perfectly smoothly.

Try the lube route first but you'll probably end up having door cards off and adjusting cables or glass to fix fully I reckon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts