MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Ordered my MO in Sep due beginning of Dec. Just wondering if you thought the EB colour was a good choice. I took me absolutely ages to decide which colour to go for, in the end I just had to make the decision, and fast before I changed my mind again. I've seen very few EB Mini One's around (prob due to the fact it hasn't been an option for Mini One's long). Seen pleanty of Cooper S's with the white roof but not many with the matching EB roof. I've been looking at pics of all your's and cant help wondering if perhaps I should have gone with another. It's hard when I cant see mine in all of it's Mini glory but do you think I made a good decision. I cannot wait for it to arrive. I think perhaps it's just the waiting, giving me too much time to think about it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bigtent said:
I like it....... :D
Ah see but your biased. You already have one lol :D . I've seen yours and it definately made me more confident. It is a great colour. Stands out in all weather (standing out when it's raining is of optimal importance when living in england). Just that I havn't seen many around with EB roof also so it's hard to judge.

·
Sergeant Pepper
347 Posts
consider getting it painted white too.. my PW one has a black roof, looks great, and original, for a one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:eb:
r34ver said:
consider getting it painted white too.. my PW one has a black roof, looks great, and original, for a one.
Yea I'll definately consider it. Yea the white looks great with the black roof, really sets it off :) How much did it cost you for that?

Ok thanks for your help paul, yea the facelifted shape definately complements it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
There's nothing wrong with a body colour roof - I specced it for my CR MCS. I've seen a few EB/EB MCS and they look fine.

My wife is very pleased with her EB Cooper but had to have a black roof as all the cars in the driving school she's with have to have them. (Her boss got the roof of his CR MOD sprayed black.)

Spraying the roof will probably cost about £500+VAT at a dealer but you'll probably find other places cheaper.

·
Clubman D
1,365 Posts
EB/EB looks nice. I think the CooperS looks classy with an EB roof, i've seen a few about. I have specced my next OneD EB, with just white cheques, so the roof will be EB/White, and EB mirrors. I have not seen one with this combo yet, so if anyone knows of any photos that might be about?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yellow/Black OneD said:
EB/EB looks nice. I think the CooperS looks classy with an EB roof, i've seen a few about. I have specced my next OneD EB, with just white cheques, so the roof will be EB/White, and EB mirrors. I have not seen one with this combo yet, so if anyone knows of any photos that might be about?
Yea I do think I prefer the EB/EB. I just think it looks, as you said, very classy like that. No, Haven't seen any with that combo yet. I've seen plenty of white/black cheque which does look good but none with that combination (as of yet). If I find a pic i'll be sure to post it.
:)

·
Registered
115 Posts
EB is a beautiful color and more cheery than pictures usually capture, for some reason pictures usually wash out that color. I have seen an all EB Cooper S around my way and it looks very nice, we don't have ONE's here in the US so seeing a MINI with a body colored roof is kind of rare.

Erik

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ErikR said:
EB is a beautiful color and more cheery than pictures usually capture, for some reason pictures usually wash out that color. I have seen an all EB Cooper S around my way and it looks very nice, we don't have ONE's here in the US so seeing a MINI with a body colored roof is kind of rare.

Erik
You don't have one's? well I didn't know that. Yea that is true. You can look at the EB in mini mags all day but until you see them in the "flesh" it does'nt really do it justice.

·
Yatta!!
8,313 Posts
The MCS I test drove was EB/W and at the time I didn't like it. But that was 18 months ago, and these days I would put it onto my list of colours to seriously consider. It is vibrant and suits the MINI's character very well.

I have no idea why I didn't see that the first time I saw it. :eek: Oh well - better late than never! :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ABG said:
The MCS I test drove was EB/W and at the time I didn't like it. But that was 18 months ago, and these days I would put it onto my list of colours to seriously consider. It is vibrant and suits the MINI's character very well.

I have no idea why I didn't see that the first time I saw it. :eek: Oh well - better late than never! :D
Very true :)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Am sure you'll love the colour Hayley, I chose the colour of our first MCS which was chilli red, and then the other half chose electric blue for our current S with white roof and mirrors, then i went and put union jack bonnet stripes -spot lamps on. Originally I wanted EB/EB for our S, theres one near where i live which I see regulary which I always like the look of as it stands out so much as well as looking good.

Youve probably looked through the gallaries but heres a link to someones gallary thats eb/eb.....best of luck with the car :)

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/gallery_19588.html

·
Official Pimp of Mini2
4,001 Posts
EB is a very nice colour I problery would get it on my next ONE as black is a pain in the a$$ to clean!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Parc77 said:
Am sure you'll love the colour Hayley, I chose the colour of our first MCS which was chilli red, and then the other half chose electric blue for our current S with white roof and mirrors, then i went and put union jack bonnet stripes -spot lamps on. Originally I wanted EB/EB for our S, theres one near where i live which I see regulary which I always like the look of as it stands out so much as well as looking good.

Youve probably looked through the gallaries but heres a link to someones gallary thats eb/eb.....best of luck with the car :)

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/gallery_19588.html
Ok thanks for that Parc. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts