MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
When I bought my 2018 Countryman Cooper S I chose the option of electric folding mirrors as I have had this on previous cars anyway I was disappointed to find that the mirrors didn’t automatically fold when the car was locked/unlocked the salesman also confirmed that this was the case, I wished at that time that I’d not chosen this option. Shame but thought this feature was helpful because you can tell at a glance if the car is locked or not from say inside the house
Well just last week I found out that if you hold the key fob lock button for 3 seconds the mirrors will fold in same applies on door handle button and to unfold a quick press on either buttons as per normal opening of car
Well happy now
Sorry if this topic has already been covered but thought I’d share anyway ::smile::
 

· Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
yeah its annoying though, when you just want to pop back into the car to grab something and lock up again, have to hold the fob down again and fold the mirrors backup.

Just insane to think there is a room of bloody BMW people somewhere, who cook up ways to squeeze more money out of the consumer...I'm surprised they aren't charging for the electronic hand brake as well, because, who really needs brakes?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
Well all car makers find crazy things to charge for and BMW have long been good at making a car basic and charging for things that are standard on other makes - not so long ago you didn’t even get a radio in even a 7 series because BMW though folks would prefer to send their cars to be butchered at a car audio installers......


Baileythecocker - that’s a name I remember from the BabyRR Forum.........
 

· Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
The mirror fold is the same way as on VAG cars, didn’t spot this in the manual, I just tried the long press.
I also found the windows open & close the same way.
Perhaps it is because I’m used to my previous SEAT, but I did find system set up was easier on a VAG car.
The central display is a thing that pees me off, it seems to have a mind of it’s own on which screen it wants to display!
I cannot find anywhere to adjust the traffic volume at start up, so this always comes in loud, the. I have to adjust it downwards.
Sat Nav, set a destination for Saturday via the MINI Connected app. Went out yesterday and it was trying to dir3 t me to Saturday’s destination. Could find easily how to cancel the route guidance.
Mirror dip on reverse is too great and cannot be adjusted! Perhaps BMW should employ some folks from Wolfsburg!
The MINI systems do frustrate me at times, there seems to be no logic to it!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
You people should read this interesting book: “owners manual”. It’s all there! Lol

Now seriously, you can put the mirrors folding and unfolding on close and open, using Carly. But honestly I think BMW system of the 3 seconds is the best thing. I have a Range Rover that opens and closes every time I opens and close the car. But how many times do you need to do this? 5%? The other 95% is just reduce the life of the system. This way you’ll only use it when needed!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I've got folding mirrors on my 2014 R60 (no Comfort Access pack) and I'm wondering if there's a way to bind that to the key fob?

I remember from the days of owning a E87 1er that some things can be coded, and given even the instruments in those MINI's are all BMW, does this still apply to our cars?

Can this be coded (and most importantly, how)?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Hardware mod

Anyone on here actually bought this thing and can comment on the quality, etc? Kinda feel uneasy parting with so much money (~£125) for a piece of wiring shipping all the way from China.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,302 Posts
I've not tried it myself as I think it's a bit too much since I have manual power fold mirror (not auto power fold). Quality wise should be good as it's Taiwanese produt and not Chinese product.
ebay also sells universal kits if you're handy with eletrical parts, at a fraction of the costs.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top