MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've got an 03 Cooper S which i've had for about 9 months.

The problem started the nightbefore last when the alarm went of inexplicably at 5 am. I assumed a cat had jumped on the car or something so reset the alarm and went back to sleep.

Last night the alarm went off about 7 times. When I stood next to the car there was a strange fluttering noise which I eventually worked out was the driver side window moving slightly up and down on its own. This seemed to be what was setting the alarm off. I manually locked the car but could actually hear the window going up and down from in the house so had to got back to the car and put the window down a little bit. Obviously I can't keep leaving the window slightly open though...

I was wondering if anyone has come across this or is my car just haunted?!:puzzled:

·
MINIac
90 Posts
You've posted this in the 2nd Gen forum, but you have a 1st Gen.

Definitely an electrical problem, on my 2nd Gen there's a switch on the underside of the door that controls the slight drop of the window, have a look at that and see if it's stuck/damaged or something.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rakey
Thanks for the link,the third hard wack above the speaker worked,every thing working fine.This Forum is amazing and has answers for everything,saved me alot of time having to press the dealer to make a warrenty claim and a happy wife on Mothers day too.
Thanks everyone.
Skids

1 - 6 of 6 Posts