MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in central Missouri and the nearest dealer is either three hours to the East or West and I’ve had my car towed to a local repair shop but I’m certain they’re not familiar with Mini’s so I’m hoping that the infinite wisdom on MINI2 will be able to help me guide them to the solution to repair my car.

Yesterday I went kayaking and I slowly drove down a semi-washboard gravel road to get there and when we returned from paddling my car wouldn’t start. When I turned the key the windows fluttered up and down very quickly, similar to when you open the door how they go down ½” and the speedo was jumping up and down between 0 and 3mph. Also, it wouldn’t do this every time I turned the key, it needed a ~10sec rest between tries.

We tried jumping it off another car and when I turned the key the windows and speedo fluttered but now the headlights blinked on and off and the car wouldn’t start. We tried pop-starting it and it sounded like it wanted to start but it just wouldn’t.

One of the guys who was helping me was a ASE mechanic (with several prison tattoo’s) and he said he suspects something jiggled itself loose but the engine is so tight (and it was so hot) that after about an hour of dinking around with it he went on to enjoy his Saturday. This sounds like its on the right track but who knows. Food for thought.

My car is a 2004 MCS w/ ~65,000miles.

Thanks a million for your help / advice 

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
Good luck elbee!

Not much help but my 06 MCS had the windows jiggling thing. I reseated the connector behind the switch panel to cure it. Wouldn't hurt to try it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts