MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting this rancid smell inside the car the last 2 days. I sniffed over the entire engine and it is definitely coming from inside on the passenger side in the front. Has anyone encountered this? My warranty is up 7k miles ago so if its major i will likely foot the bill! :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hope Its Ok

Does your steering gets heavyer ? My one broke down today ,allmost got of the road. Servo pump smoked up completely . Smelled like rubber burning up and lots of smoke from under the bonnet. Tomorrow i'll know what the damage is. Be carefull though cause loosing your servo in a corner like i did is not a pleasent experience. If anybody had the same problem lets here it please.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Actually I don't have a clutch... Gulp! I have a MCSa (Automatic)

Oh course I wanted a manual, but my wife agreed to let me get an S as long as it was an automatic... Oh, well...

Anyways, I'm still breaking the car in... I haven't been too hard on it... But seriously, even a quick drive to the post office causes a burning smell... I find myself touching the bonnet and tires (almost subconsiously) to see if they are hot... They aren't...

Anyways, I'm pretty chilled about the whole thing... This post just caught my eye and I wondered if anybody else had a similar expierience... The car is still pretty new, so I'm sure it's nothing too serious. Besides, next week is a regional R50 (Japan's biggest Mini club) meeting and I'll talk to some of the guys about it...

Cheers!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.