MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Waiting for Works Clubman
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread here would seem to suggest that other cars in the MINI range might get the electronic diff soon:
http://www.mini2.com/forum/future-variants/162586-facelift-r56.html

So that's the speedo AND the E-diff as "selling points" for the JCW which turn out not to be so exclusive after all. I can't say that I'm too impressed TBH. What'll be next - bigger brakes on all the Cooper S cars?

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
The MINIUSA configurator indicates availability of DTC with EDLC on December 8th builds.

The JCW Brembo Brakes are available as dealer fit but I doubt they will ever be standard equipment on other models.

·
Loving his JCW!!!
274 Posts
What a bloody JOKE! My car is here in a coule of days but this kind of thing from mini infuriates me. Surely the EDLC is quite a big part of the huge premium im paying for the JCW over the MCS

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
DTC+EDLC is not a big ticket item ...

A MCS owner can add the JCW Stage 1 Tuning Kit and JCW Brembo Brake Kit but they will not have quite as much horsepower as a Works model and the engine and transmission will not be as "beefed up".

I just priced these two kits in the US and they come to $4300 not including labor :aargh:

·
Waiting for Works Clubman
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's just the way that MINI made the JCW appear "special" by delivering exclusive features that turn out to be nothing of the sort. Some manufacturers make their hot hatch appear special by adding Recaros; MINI chose to add stuff like the EDLC and the speedo.

Though personally I couldn't see what was so special about the 150mph speedo, it is somewhat galling for MINI to trumpet it (and the EDLC) as being features of the JCW, then within a month or two bring those same features to other cars.

It's rather close to misleading advertising in my book.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts