MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Mini Family Sponsers
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home this evening revs at around 5.5k when the EML light came on and instantly there was the lack of power as a lot of people have mentioned... so I pulled over and also noticed that the exhaust emission light was on above the EML light, turned off the car and restarted, EML light is off but the exhaust emission light has stayed on, the car is driving as normal with no problems....
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Rasp

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
rasp said:
Driving home this evening revs at around 5.5k when the EML light came on and instantly there was the lack of power as a lot of people have mentioned... so I pulled over and also noticed that the exhaust emission light was on above the EML light, turned off the car and restarted, EML light is off but the exhaust emission light has stayed on, the car is driving as normal with no problems....
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Rasp
i had the same thing happen to me at about 70mph. The tech ran a diagnostic test which showed the error occurred at 7200 rpm :eek:
The dealer found this quite funny & gave me a print out of the test.

The dealer told me the problem was with an air intake temp sensor of which there are apparently 2? Anyway they changed both of them under warranty. Never any prob's since ;)

·
The Mini Family Sponsers
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shorty said:
i had the same thing happen to me at about 70mph. The tech ran a diagnostic test which showed the error occurred at 7200 rpm :eek:
The dealer found this quite funny & gave me a print out of the test.

The dealer told me the problem was with an air intake temp sensor of which there are apparently 2? Anyway they changed both of them under warranty. Never any prob's since ;)
Thats good news Shorty! I thought it was going to be exspensive....7200 lol

Thanks for the reply, "I love this place"....

·
The Mini Family Sponsers
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to mention... after restarting the car several times when I got home the light went off so everything is good at the moment...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts