MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
MINI2 Sponsor & Moderator
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard from my dealer that they won't be getting the Cooper until March 24th!! What is going gon? I thought the US dealers were supposed to be launching March 1st? Does this mean that the S really won't be here until the end of June instead of June 1st? Man O' Man, this is killing me!!!!

-Mike
(in dire need of a sedative)
(and a Cooper S)

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
My dealers got loads if you want one :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
930 Posts
The first load of Cooper S will be here at the end of May, not the end of June........most likely those customers that order cars will receive them in June/July.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I'm still being told as of a few days ago that I'll spec my Cooper S at the end of February for an April delivery. I explained to them what everyone else is saying and they still assured me. I'm no. 1 at the dealership.
They also told me just recently that they'll be receiving 20 Coopers in March, all pre-specced, but with one or two packages.
They have told me several times in the past that they are "supposed" to be "the" first dealership to receive cars because of how early they were ready to accept cars (already prepared and waiting for MINI).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Dealers Sales Meeting

MINI is having a dealers sales meeting March 3rd in San Franscisco, each dealer is supposed to send 2 sales people for training.

·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot smiffy!! I'm still concerned about having to wait even longer to test drive one!

-M

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Yurinaut said:
I just heard from my dealer that they won't be getting the Cooper until March 24th!! What is going gon? I thought the US dealers were supposed to be launching March 1st? Does this mean that the S really won't be here until the end of June instead of June 1st? Man O' Man, this is killing me!!!!

-Mike
(in dire need of a sedative)
(and a Cooper S)
Wait my son, wait. It will be worth it and you should get a 100% fault free MINI! ;)

·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks R1. I needed that (really).

-Grasshopper :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
My Mini dealer, BMW of Nashville, says the first Cooper S's won't be hitting the US shores for sale until probably August or September.

Just what they told me, sure hope he's wrong. But then I'm going to special order mine so it'll be delayed for me anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
normilizer,

I, too, have been talking with BMW of Nashville and have found them consistently courteous and friendly, but uninformative. They have just told me that no one knows anything for sure and that we all have to keep waiting.

Different American dealers seem to be taking very different approaches on lists, deposits, selling at MSRP, and transmitting information.

I continue to be thankful for MINI2!

·
Registered
18 Posts
:D Just wanted to let everyone know, that we(tombush mini)(jax,fl) will be the second dealership in the country to receive the MINI. Our date is 22nd of march. and the "s" will be in 45 days after. I dont know about all of the other dealerships thought. They are charging over sticker and prespecifing cars, we are not so who knows?! Also dealers are reciving their cars later, because their showrooms are not ready yet, our's is. Oh and you can be SURE about my info, Iam a MINI Motoring Advisor, I will be going to San Fransisco on March 3rd. If you have ANY ??? just email me.
MINI2 website is a gift to MINI:D :D :D :D :D
J. Rowland
MINI Motoring Advisor
[email protected]

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
minimotoringadvisor said:
:D Just wanted to let everyone know, that we(tombush mini)(jax,fl) will be the second dealership in the country to receive the MINI. Our date is 22nd of march. and the "s" will be in 45 days after. I dont know about all of the other dealerships thought. They are charging over sticker and prespecifing cars, we are not so who knows?! Also dealers are reciving their cars later, because their showrooms are not ready yet, our's is. Oh and you can be SURE about my info, Iam a MINI Motoring Advisor, I will be going to San Fransisco on March 3rd. If you have ANY ??? just email me.
MINI2 website is a gift to MINI:D :D :D :D :D
J. Rowland
MINI Motoring Advisor
[email protected]
Welcome to MINI2!

So are you saying you are not getting an intitial batch of MINI Coopers pre-spec'd by BMW before customer ordered cars begin to arrive? And 45 days later getting an initial batch of Cooper S models pre-spec'd by BMW?

As for questions, would please provide full details on the MINI roadside assistance program? What exactly does it cover and what benefits to the MINI owner does it provide? Specifically, towing benefits, transporting owners to the dealers, providing lodging for owners whose trips are interupted, etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Our dealership will be receiving 2-5 demo's along with the cars for customers which they have specked. All of the cars we receive, except for our demo's, WILL be specked out by our customers, including the "S". Our dealership has a very strict policy about not charging over MSRP, and also allowing our customers to get what they want. As for the roadside asst. I will be receiving our dealership "MINI pack" within the next week. I will post a new message explaining all of that in detail. But I will bet a large sum of $$ that it will be almost identical to BMWUSA. Thanks for the response,this is really is a great web-site!
J. Rowland
MINI Motoring Advisor

·
Registered
930 Posts
minimotoringadvisor,

I can't seem to get an answer to this question:

Will the 16" 5-star wheels be optional (no-cost) for the Cooper S?

·
Registered
18 Posts
ABSOLUTELY! :D The no charge options are as follows for the wheels:
MINI : 15" 8-spoke (all season)
MINI "S" : 15" 8-spoke (all season) or 16" 5-Star (run-flats)
Keep the ??'s coming, I may know, I may not, but I'll tell you either way!!
Thanks
J. Rowland
MINI Motoring Advisor:D

·
Registered
342 Posts
Thanks for offering to help.... you might not have the info yet but a few things I am interested in are the Harmon Kardon stereo and the Nav system.

I've been told that the HK sound system is nearly identical to that in the M series BMW. If so, can anyone descibe it?

Nav system - I allready have a nice GPS receiver but I like the look of the Mini system and the speedo on the dash where it belongs. (ooh, I'll get some complaints over that statement!)

·
Registered
18 Posts
The only real difference in the sound system is that
MINI upgrade - 8 speakers
M3 upgrade - 10 speakers
But they are pretty much identical as far as quality. They are both Harman Kardon Sound.
As for the navi system, they are suppose to be awesome. When our MINI regional rep was here last week he said that they will be one of the most technologically advanced on the market.
Hope that helps!
I will find more out for you and post it ASAP!!!
J. Rowland

·
231 Posts
How about deleting the SS+ suspension on the S? Might be too firm for potholes...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Peter,
The reason I am doing this, is because you would not belive the number of calls I get in a day, with people just wanting simple answers, and they cannot find anyone to give them one. And since I am going to be THE FIRST (we just got word about 5 minutes ago!!)(Cool HUH?!)(IM SOOOOO EXCITED)to receive the MINI's, I have a little more info than others, Plus I will call my MINI regional rep and bug him daily if need be.:D OH! CONGRATS ON THE "S"!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts