MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after replacing a valve cover and spark plugs i accidentally didnt put the ground wire back on the front nut infront of the valve cover. Started the engine few sparks and i turned it off quickly!

Now it won't start! Arghh!

Error code coming up on my scanner A0B3 - Terminal 50 Starter Motor.

It has been sat on my drive so battey low but have obviouly tried it jump starting.

I have also tried:

1)Checking all fuses in engine compartment box.
2) Checking the fuse box by the battery and it is fine.
3? Swapping over the K6300 Relay with another similar relay that controls the radiator just to see if it was a faulty relay. Nope still not starting.
4)Checked spark plugs (not wet and look fine)
5) Checked camshaft sensor is in fine etc
6) Check 12v is going to the fuse box from the battery.
7)Checked all grounds are solidly secured.

I'm going mad dont know what else to try. Does anyone have any ideas?! I'll buy them 10 pints if they help me!!!!

I'm going crazy! It cranks fine like i said!

·
Registered
7,673 Posts
So after replacing a valve cover and spark plugs i accidentally didnt put the ground wire back on the front nut infront of the valve cover. Started the engine few sparks and i turned it off quickly!

It has been sat on my drive so battey low but have obviouly tried it jump starting.

I have also tried:

3? Swapping over the K6300 Relay with another similar relay that controls the radiator just to see if it was a faulty relay. Nope still not starting.

I'm going mad dont know what else to try. Does anyone have any ideas?! I'll buy them 10 pints if they help me!!!!

have removed the earth strap on the front engine mount to chassis. also battery needs to be charged before trying to crank them believe me its not worth the risk cranking a engine with flat battery and jump leads with a running jump start vehicle attached.. chances of spiking the ECU is fairly high seen many over the years in all kinds of ecu controlled cars from spiking the system, AA RAC have guide lines to turn on the head lights of cars they are jump starting to help direct any surges that can spike a ecu..
apart from checking the earth straps and all the fuse's one after another with multimeter just in case one is cracked and cant see it,, believe me such a bugger after not starting with this process to find a day later it was cracked fuse, multi meter on ohms resistance bleeper check them all.
after all that need a diagnostics tool best for the money is autocom cdp plus, £30 on ebay dont let price put you off its the best for money beats £300 scanners to be honest,
the CAS units on these bmw products are rubbish you could try locking the car for 10 minutes let it sleep ie ecu will shut down then open with key fob try again see if will start

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have also tried:

Hi buddy I have the same problem, did you fix it ?? Going crazy !!!

·
Registered
07 R56 S
115 Posts
Hi all just some backyard advice ..I had a 'crank no start" condition also...cost me 600 CAD to tow and the "experts " dd not find problem....enter youtube...there is a 15 or sometimes 20 amp fuse under hood...no pic's but its closest to the firewall and closest to driver fender...hope that does it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts