MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , am new to this group and any help would be very much appreciated.

I have a 2007 R56 cooper D have had it from 2011 and just love it.
The problem over the last year is that i would be driving and the car would just cut out the engine ( 4 times this year )
And the start / Stop light will come on.
The thing is if i leave the car for for 15 minutes and it will start up again and i will drive away like nothing has happened until the next time it does it.
Now to be completely honest have had the DPF light on for years and it will not turn off , have even driven the car to Italy and back. Have added
cleaning liquid to fuel and so fourth. It can be removed by computer but will turn back on in a few days.
Have taken it to a number of garages and they are lost to what exactly is the problem.

Thanks in advance for ant help

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WAG is the particulate filter needs to be replaced. No way can a "regen" remove the build up. The DPF reservoir should be filled with the proper fluid.

A new filter may require the engine controller be accessed to reset the counter or whatever when a new filter is installed.

Also, I have read that just partially filling the fuel tank is not a good idea in that every time fuel is added to the tank some DPF fluid is added to the fuel tank which wastes DPF fluid.

Best is to fill up the tank at least and the lower the level of the tank the better, so some degree. I would not run the tank level down to fumes but down to 1/3rd or 1/4th tank would be I think ok. At least this is generally when I gas up my cars.
Hello all again ,
Thank you for your input , the car is booked in this week for a full diagnosis . The main problem is the car has 175 k miles on the clock
And as you have pointed out the DPF needs to be replaced and then a recalibration of the ECU to get things in order.
But as i said first the test then i will take it from there.
I have also read that there is a diesel filter under the rear wing wheel arch , might take that off and see ??
Will keep posting as things progress.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts