MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m looking at buying a Mini but it has 2 faults. (P0117) Engine coolant temperature circuit low input and (P0599) Thermostat Heater control circuit high. Should these problems put me off or will it be a simple/cheap fix

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Hi, I’m looking at buying a Mini but it has 2 faults. (P0117) Engine coolant temperature circuit low input and (P0599) Thermostat Heater control circuit high. Should these problems put me off or will it be a simple/cheap fix
would need to know the voltage at temp sensor, and voltage at thermostat, there is a recall on psa engines for thermostat housing due to it failing , thats said i had a citroen with same engine as mini in ot the other day turned out the main ecu has gone south and registrering 48 degrees below freezing all the time, even then thats not end of world as can have ecu cloned with a secondhand one at worst £200 in parts should fix t, genuine housing are updated with a wiring part as well a must do £120 ish link below,
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Thermostat-Housing-with-Adapter-Lead-Mini-N12-N14-N16-1-4-1-6-Petrol/282811653986

1 - 3 of 3 Posts