MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MINI no more
Joined
·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People are saying that a JCW cooperS' biggest enemy is wheel spin at launch. Wouldn't engine mounts, stiffer shocks/springs, and better tires cure this for the most part?
 

·
Mini Mod
Joined
·
9,227 Posts
zerofighter said:
People are saying that a JCW cooperS' biggest enemy is wheel spin at launch. Wouldn't engine mounts, stiffer shocks/springs, and better tires cure this for the most part?
Is your interest is purely drag racing and are you willing to sacrifice road handling?
Just curious.
Yes stiffer engine and trans mounts will help. They will also increase shock loading to other components. Wider stickier tires will certainly help. I run 205-50s in auto-x and 215-50 on the street. Both are stickier than stock Dunlops but I can spin them easily if I'm not careful.
 

·
MINI no more
Joined
·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
obehave said:
Is your interest is purely drag racing and are you willing to sacrifice road handling?
Just curious.
Yes stiffer engine and trans mounts will help. They will also increase shock loading to other components. Wider stickier tires will certainly help. I run 205-50s in auto-x and 215-50 on the street. Both are stickier than stock Dunlops but I can spin them easily if I'm not careful.
I am more interested in autoX, track days, and some drag racing every once and a while.
 

·
Mini Mod
Joined
·
9,227 Posts
onasled said:
Off topic question here.
It has been reported to me that my post are having some problems.
Do all of you see a problem? Something about "...color=black tags bracketing the text ... because you can't read the text"

Thanks...
Yea, some of us view white text on a black background. Mkaes your posts impossible to read.
You're not alone though. I've just gotten accustomed to highlighting the text.
Kind of a pain though.

Thanks for asking
 

·
Mini Mod
Joined
·
9,227 Posts
zerofighter said:
I am more interested in autoX, track days, and some drag racing every once and a while.
I asked because some aspects of tuning for each will hamper the other.
Alignment specs for each will differ for example.

An LSD is very nice. Not cheap though.

Good luck with everything.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top