MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just had the clutch changed in my 2006 R50. Mechanically, the car is fine, but immediately when i started the engine i noticed i could hear the noise of the engine in the cabin like i couldn't before. I can hear the engine, the power steering pump but also wind noise which increases as speed increases. It's almost as if there a hole in the bulkhead allowing engine noise to come through?? It's really difficult to pin point the noise but it seems to possibly be coming from the air vents on the top of the dash / under the dashboard? Not being particularly mechanically minded I don't really know what might have been missed during reassembly to cause this? Does anyone have any ideas, i'm going back to the garage on Tuesday but would like to have a little knowledge beforehand? Any help would be appreciated

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know you've all been excitedly waiting for an update on this. Turns out, somehow, the garage had moved the sound deadning around the steering column where it goes through the bulkhead. Amazing how much noise and wind came though....

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello, can you take a picture of that part please?
2 weeks before i was looking to buy mini one 1.4D, but yesterday when i was there to buy it i can heard engine inside cabin while driving. Noise was coming from steering or under steering column. First time this noise wasnt there :/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.