MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a no-show today at AMG/PITS today as there's something funny going on with the MCS. The engine cranks but won't start, checked all the fuse, nicked a battery off another car, added truckload more fuel in there and have tried just about every trick in the book yet it still won't start. There's fuel and there's spark (I've checked that), occasionally it will kick over but dies off 2-3 seconds later.....finally call it a quit after 4 hours of trying.

Fixing it (now anyway) isn't my biggest concern but if I was to send it back to the dealer, do I need to remove all the mods first or I'll be fine with the mods attached? The warranty booklet doesn't spell it out clearly whether mods actually void the warranty or not.

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,468 Posts
I would removed them.

·
Registered
624 Posts
dairyboy said:
I'm a no-show today at AMG/PITS today as there's something funny going on with the MCS. The engine cranks but won't start, checked all the fuse, nicked a battery off another car, added truckload more fuel in there and have tried just about every trick in the book yet it still won't start. There's fuel and there's spark (I've checked that), occasionally it will kick over but dies off 2-3 seconds later.....finally call it a quit after 4 hours of trying.

Fixing it (now anyway) isn't my biggest concern but if I was to send it back to the dealer, do I need to remove all the mods first or I'll be fine with the mods attached? The warranty booklet doesn't spell it out clearly whether mods actually void the warranty or not.

well it really depends on what mods you have, and which dealer you go. Some dealer are not as strict treating aftermarket mods.
like say an exhaust or maybe an intake or things like suspension mod... They probably shouldn't care but i really wouldn't be sure so don't take my word for it.

·
saving the world
2,896 Posts
the real answer would be to take them off, but in reality, minor things (as eric says) like an air intake or a cat back exhaust wouldn't matter so much

depends on how "good" your dealer is

good luck with it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.