MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have recently had my Cooper D remapped. I have had it done by a decent guy who came highly recommended. He does a custom remap that is specific to your car.

A few questions really -

He stated that the fuel economy would increase when driving sensibly but unfortunately it has decreased. Yes, I am pushing it quite hard at times but when I have conducted economy runs it is about 10mpg down on standard. Should I recontact him or is that just how it can be?
The speed is great and the whole car feels smoother but am disappointed that it isn't the added bonus of even better mpg.

One more question is would a remap stop the start/stop function? It was 14 degrees yesterday and the car was warm, the start /stop still never kicked in?

Many thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello matey,

I've just had mine re mapped, and I'm happy to say the economy is roughly about the same if not a bit better with the added bonus of getting everywhere that bit quicker.
In answer to your stop/start question, mine did not function initially, however I was advised that as a result of the remap it would take a couple of cold starts to kick in, and sure enough after the second it worked perfectly and has continued to do so.

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
bunn7287
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing