MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there people! My 2nd post now. :) lol

Im from Essex and was wondering whether there are any other people from Essex?

Is there any meets that take place on asort of a monthly basis or anything?

I've tried searching for some, but couldn't find any.

Be good to meet some fellow Mini Drivers.

Thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
welcome to mini2 then...
come to the cotwolds this weekend...meets doesn't come much bigger than this, either that or theres a few west of london next month....i was thinking of arranging one for late september/early october....around epping/ongar/brentwood....will look into it and update..... :D

·
The Mini Family Sponsers
1,607 Posts
I will be up for another Essex run....Give me a shout N31L and we can sort it between us if you like...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for the welcomes people!

N31L - That would be cool Ongar/Brentwood is close to where i live. Defo be interested in that, i could spread the word and get loads of minis to attend, as i have contacts ;)

Migh well consider the Cotswold run, west london doesn't seem that bad either i will defo keep my eyes pealed for events.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Cooper Andrew said:
Thanx for the welcomes people!

N31L - That would be cool Ongar/Brentwood is close to where i live. Defo be interested in that, i could spread the word and get loads of minis to attend, as i have contacts ;)

Migh well consider the Cotswold run, west london doesn't seem that bad either i will defo keep my eyes pealed for events.
I'm an ex Essex boy now living in Hampshire but I'm always looking for excuses ;) to tell the missus to justify the odd weekend away with my old Essex mates so I can catch up and have a beer (or 5 :D ). Any runs starting in the Brentwood/Ongar/Epping area would be good because my mates live in Brentwood (my old stomping ground).

Cheers

·
Registered
210 Posts
rasp said:
I will be up for another Essex run....Give me a shout N31L and we can sort it between us if you like...
Will do Dave, need to get the Cotwolds out of the way 1st, but i know tons of excellent 1 track backroads....

will pm you next week to arrange.... :D

·
XYZ
271 Posts
Definately interested in an Essex run too!! :D

From Hornchurch here but go for drinks in Brentwood every week. You may have to start the run somewhere else depending on the number of people in attendance - the only place I can really think of around Brentwood/Ongar is the Sainsburys car park in Brentwood.

Neway let us all know when you know a bit more :D Good stuff mate :D

:bone: Pat :bone:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Whos going to organise one then?

I'm from Woodford but a meet around Epping/Ongar etc would be cool - lots of nice roads around Ongar way.

LB.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi everyone, ;)
I've began to work out a route and it's excellent! start off point. City Limits in Epping(plenty of parking and easliy accessable from the m25/m11, then through Theydon Bois, back to Epping, Hobbs X, then through to ongar, Ingatestone, Margeretting, Brentwood, then a country park for a regroup, then back towards North Weald, then although i know some of the back roads behind Harlow, Rasp is the man in the know and from this point i'd like to enlist his help in continuing the route around that area and then perhaps finish off at a major road for A)people get home without getting lost and for B) so that we can(as many as possible) take over a pub for a nice afternoon pint & roast.

will start up the thread for it later today.....got lots to do this morning..... :D

Rasp, will drop you a pm to work out a plan.... ;)

·
Registered
641 Posts
N31L said:
Hi everyone, ;)
I've began to work out a route and it's excellent! start off point. City Limits in Epping(plenty of parking and easliy accessable from the m25/m11, then through Theydon Bois, back to Epping, Hobbs X, then through to ongar, Ingatestone, Margeretting, Brentwood, then a country park for a regroup, then back towards North Weald, then although i know some of the back roads behind Harlow, Rasp is the man in the know and from this point i'd like to enlist his help in continuing the route around that area and then perhaps finish off at a major road for A)people get home without getting lost and for B) so that we can(as many as possible) take over a pub for a nice afternoon pint & roast.

will start up the thread for it later today.....got lots to do this morning..... :D

Rasp, will drop you a pm to work out a plan.... ;)
Sounding Good Neil, I'm starting to reminise already, I lived in Brentwood, Chelmsford and Hutton for best part of my life so this is really my old stomping ground, especially around Ongar, Ingatestone, Margaretting, Brentwood, North Weald area. These are the roads where I used to enjoy Sunday afternoon thrashes on my various cars and bikes throughout the late 70s 80s and 90s. Oops giving away my age old scroat that I am :D I've probably had a pint in every pub along the way as well ;)

Just need to work on the missus now to ensure that she doesn't line up any Family activities that clash, need to know the date ASAP as she has this "rule" about first to write something on the calender :mad:

·
Nichola
121 Posts
rasp said:

yeahhhhhhhhhhh i missed out on the last essex run as i hadnt picked my baby up yet, but i have it now and i live about 10 mins from harlow so let me know when meet is as ill def be there, even if its only a few and its a school night hee hee i just cant get enough of driving her :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like a cool blue convertible you have there very nice!!!!!

You just want to show off lol.

Definately have to sort a meet out somewhere around Harlow, i dont mind travelling a little bit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
8 Participants
Cooper Andrew
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing