MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealere tells me that MINI are currently developing an estate version of the MINI and a four wheel drive version. Anyone else heard anything about this

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
I think the estate or clubman version will be quite likley. As for the 4wd version I have heard that it would be a rally kit car special. See pic in the official section of guy scraping away at a full size clay buck.
Cabriolet is a definite, but I reckon the estate would be a winner !
May be the next gen. will spawn ever more variants when it arrives...only 6 years or so to wait !

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
wish list...

I'd really like to see a bigger "Roomy" version of the S - Kind of a sporty MPV... Room for the shopping, the kids, the mother-in-law. I think there's a gap in the market

As it's so Roomy they could call it something like a MINI R maybe

Amazed no one else is marketing one - It would look great!

;)

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Re: wish list...

rich said:
I'd really like to see a bigger "Roomy" version of the S - Kind of a sporty MPV... Room for the shopping, the kids, the mother-in-law. ...
That would kind of negate the use of the word "MINI", wouldn't it? :rolleyes:

----

Ahhh... I've re-read rich's post. Now I get it. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've heard they are looking at the possible re-introduction of the mini range of old, i.e. a small estate (a woody?) a pick up, a van (see them driving around as british gas vans?) the 'S', the Cooper and the One.

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
Please BMW don't worry about an estate/woody for Australia. They will sit in your showrooms gathering dust, and will be purchased only by Toorak trendies to use as a shopping trolley. This sort of model will make the MINI a laughing stock in the eyes of serious car enthusiasts.

4WD - That would be innovative and worthwhile, and would extend the model's life.

Regards, ElTel

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
How about a MINI limo :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Last thing I read some time ago in Auto Express (I think it was) were that a lot of the other projects, 4wd included, had been dumped with only the likely hood of 3 door models and a cheaper 1.4 variant.

Although I'd like to see this be wrong as a 4wd mini would be the biz! :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Re: Re: wish list...

BruceK said:

That would kind of negate the use of the word "MINI", wouldn't it?

----

How about MAXI,

and before anyone starts yes I know its been done before.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Llama said:
Last thing I read some time ago in Auto Express (I think it was) were that a lot of the other projects, 4wd included, had been dumped with only the likely hood of 3 door models and a cheaper 1.4 variant.

Although I'd like to see this be wrong as a 4wd mini would be the biz! :D
Probably not a big deal to make it work. The 3 series has the Z rear axle and thats rear wheel drive. Have to boost power to about 200bhp though to cope with the extra weight & friction. See what happened to WRX sales!. Extra weight - Ugly re-style - SLOWER than outgoing model. Not a good combination.

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts