MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to take the plunge and go for the JCW upgrade to take my car to 210bhp.

Just out of curiosity, am I likely to get nearer to the 220bhp mark with my additional Miltek manifold that I currently have installed?

I know this is probably an impossible question to answer, but I wondered if there is anyone here that has a similar setup which has been dyno tested.

Anyway, I'm gonna to put her on a rolling road at the end of the year so I guess it'll answer my question one way or another. I'll keep you updated to what output I get.

Cheers,

Chris.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I thought about the same Mo :)

Well we've got a new rolling road near us that seems to be quite accurate (yes I know they all differ anyway).

Put the Caterham on it and it came out at 164.3bhp (on paper is 160bhp) and also my friends Focus RS which came out bang on 212bhp.

I did a rolling road a while ago and only managed 187bhp with the current setup I have. However, my dealer somehow managed to forget to install the JCW ecu map, so I was running on standard Cooper S software. That has now been amended, but the real test is when I get the new JCW upgrade.

We'll see and I'll keep you posted :)

Chris.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts