MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Whatev.
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

The Ettalong Beach War Memorial Club is re-opening on 12th December and they are having a parade. Amongst other things that will be in this parade there will hopefully be a heap of new MINI's - including YOURS! The deal is to basically show up, drive your beasties in the parade and endure the adoration of the locals.

The day will go something like this:

8.30am - Meet at Pie in the Sky, Cowan. If you like you can participate in the Super Pirate Secret Santa present exchange. Bring a gift to the value of $5, throw it on the pile and take some pirate treasure away. (If ye be disinclined to participate ye still be very welcome).

9.30am - Depart Pie in the Sky, drive the Old Pacific Highway to Gosford and down into Ettalong.

10.15am – Meet at the Ettalong Primary School carpark, Uligandi Street, Ettalong Beach. Collect your super special drive pack which will contain some super special goodies (including but not necessarily limited to awesome cool doubleplusgood KMS products).

10.45am – Join Ettalong Beach War Memorial Club official opening day parade.

11.05am – Complete parade and park vehicles in extra special MINI display area next to the stage, under the balcony in front of the memorial club.

When we are finished showing off we can hang around and meet the other drivers in the parade - local owners that have been organised by Tom from Worthingtons. The club will also be putting on some snacks and refreshments for us.

After that we can stick around (there will be some live music and kids based shows - winding up at around 2) or we can take off for an afternoon cruise.

There will also be a contest with a BIG TROPHY for the winner. The details are still being sorted as to competition criteria (all ideas are welcome, strangely they are not keen on my dirtiest EB/W MINI idea, maybe you can come up with something worthy of a BIG TROPHY!)

Everyone is welcome. It is shaping up to be a good day out. You might even get your mug in the local paper!

Please post to register if you would like to attend. Any questions, feel free to PM me.

Cheers,

Kerrie.

Cars coming: (10)
poki
ScottyB
GoGadget
2bob
ChilliRedS
Josh and Ali
Coast Chris
Dooks
Go Coops
Alan Irwin

·
Whatev.
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
C'mon Liam. You know you wanna. :)

Theres presents!

Just kidding. Sorry to hear you can't make it. Would be awesome to have some participants from far away places :)

·
Brass Cannons
3,488 Posts
Arrrgggggg it be perfect timing for me, I'll be in it for sure.

Arrrggg the Wonderful Hair Care Company KMS will be putting Christmas goodies in the drive packs for this one. Now your hair can be as shiny as your MINI :p

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
GOGADGET said:
Arrrgggggg it be perfect timing for me, I'll be in it for sure.

Arrrggg the Wonderful Hair Care Company KMS will be putting Christmas goodies in the drive packs for this one. Now your hair can be as shiny as your MINI :p

Captain GO ,

Absolutely classic dancers as they used to say WHERE DO YA GET IT !!!;) :D :)

·
Smurfing Around
42,086 Posts
smurfn said:
Will try and get there. I will have to see what Mrs Smurfn is doing, or I may bring along Smurfn jr (or both) :D :D

I am coming, and will bring pressie :D
Can't make it unfortunately. Just realised it is Smurfn Jr's Christmas party that day.

·
MININUTTTA
54 Posts
That was a drive an a half tonight, just got home. Think MINI needs a clean.

FYI around 15 more non MINI2ers have given the "i'll be there" vote, looks as though the 20+ is going to happen! yee hee

This looks as though its going to be a kodak moment.

cheers T. :) :)

·
MININUTTTA
54 Posts
That was a drive an a half tonight, just got home. Think MINI needs a clean.

FYI around 15 more non MINI2ers have given the "i'll be there" vote, looks as though the 20+ is going to happen! yee hee.... see if we can head to 30

This looks as though its going to be a kodak moment.

cheers T. :) :)

·
Smurfing Around
42,086 Posts
poki said:
Bummer Jason. :(

See you next time then.
That is what I always say :(

Looks like this will be excellent fun too :mad: I have taken Smurfn in the Jacaranda Parade in Grafton twice, and it is great fun having thousands of people smiling and going on about how much they want a MINI like mine :D :D

1 - 20 of 137 Posts