MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
231bhp on Lohen's dyno
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
One of my mates had a MINI One & did quite a few track days in it, he is very handy behind the wheel & lots of people refused to believe it was a One :biggrin:, loads of fun to be had in all the model range :wink:.

Thanks for the kind comments :), it certainly does get noticed, I've tried not to go too far OTT with it & some of the mods are almost stealthy, nearly 7 years of ownership & still changing, new items & ideas are constantly coming up, much to my bank managers annoyance :p.

·
231bhp on Lohen's dyno
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Got a track day coming up soon so I thought I'd get some sort of camera for the day, I haven't got the dosh for an all singing & dancing Go-Pro job so had a look through ebay, found this little jobbie Track Day Covert Action Camera with 4GB Micro SD Card | eBay looked ok & was a great price too £25!!

It's tiny :eek:

Works really well though, tried a couple of postions on & in the car, works well velcro'd to the back bumper :wink:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sounds great. Do you still have the Milltek mani?

The ad doesn't say if compatible with Mac. Do you mind having a look on the box? I'll be getting one if so - VFM!

·
231bhp on Lohen's dyno
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Cheers GG, yes, still running the Milltek mani.

Just checked all info that came with the camera, it doesn't specify compatability with a mac though, here's the contact details for the seller, I'm sure they'll be able to let you know :wink:
Toys 4 The Boys - contact

·
Registered
558 Posts
It's just a joy to look at that car! I must admit I am not a fan of the all black look but it just goes so well with the body colour of your car! :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hey!

Hope you don't mind me asking but what do you use on your car bodywork? That is some shine! :cool:

Hope it's not a secret! :)

·
231bhp on Lohen's dyno
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Cheers matey :wink:.

Ha ha. no secret :biggrin:

Autoglym Super Resin Polish, Adams Buttery Wax & Adams Brilliant Spray Glaze.

I'd never heard of Adams before, they used to be a sponsor on here, they ran a competition to win an intro pack, I was lucky enough to win & was very impressed with all their range of products.

They are an American company, but there is a UK distributor Adams Knockout Sale Cheap Prices, Car Cleaning Products, Valeting Supplies & Detailing Supplies, he used to have the whole range but sadly due to lack of customers (I tried my hardest :biggrin:) for it he's not really getting much more in to replace stock:(. some cheap deals at the moment though :wink:.

·
231bhp on Lohen's dyno
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Further update....

My wheels were in need of a good re-furb & after quite a while of faffing around deciding on a different colour for them the decision was made, Lamborghini Grigio Telesto :biggrin:,pretty sure I haven't seen another MINI with rims that colour. It looks great in the sun, the pearl effect in the paint pops really well :).

Had the mirror caps done too :p

Also had a pic taken at Mini in the Park yesterday at Santa Pod

·
Registered
425 Posts
How much better would you say the JCW brakes are than the regular ones? I keeping seeing them and wondering if it's a worthy investment.

·
231bhp on Lohen's dyno
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Excellent, so much better than the standard brakes :).

The R56 Cooper S front calipers also do a great job (with decent pads) for a lot less cash, I probably would have gone for them but the Brembo's came up for sale at a very good price :wink:.

·
Registered
507 Posts
looks superb love the photo against the graffiti, don't know quite what you mean by good deals on your seat and wheel acquisitions but i think you have been splashing the cash!, electric blue does look better with a self coloured roof, and the de chroming is nice, I don't like the zip top, spoils the hard street image, also IMO not keen on the blacked out rear lights.... lights are IMO focal point of the car and it looks like there are two black holes... the same for the front decrome the trim but inside the glass should IMO be bright ....its the eyes of the car and they look dim... have you thought about viper stripes?

21 - 40 of 77 Posts