MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of a silly question really, but does anyone else find it confusing to obtain an 'all in' price when it comes to ordering parts from the dealer?

For example, I was in my dealer the other day ordering an aero rear bumper....

Parts Dude- "thats £225* including vat"

Now for me that suggests £225* with the VAT ALREADY ADDED, but previous experience tells me this is too cheap so i asked again...
"is that including the VAT???"

Parts Dude- "nope that's TO INCLUDE the vat...ill calculate the vat for you if you want."

In the end the actual price for the bumepr came to something in the region of £265...

So just what is the correct terminology to use?
The Mini accessories brochure is straightforward enough as it states the full price of each item, but i find it slightly more problematic when I am trying the find out prices over the phone; my own interpretation of 'including' and 'excluding' may differ from that of the other person on the line?

Hmmm!

*can't quite remember the exact price but it was something in the region of this!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
A parts advisor should always quote including VAT when dealing with the public. He/she should only not give VAT inclusive prices when quoting someone in the trade (as they have to add their labour, then work out the total price with VAT).

Over 4 and a half years in the parts advising business has taught me this. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts