MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured that 5.5 years with my lovely pure silver cooper was such a pleasure that I would look into the Clubman. My daughter would love the extra room in the rear passenger area beyond what my '03 has.

So put the order in back in April for a Hot Chocolate S, and was happy to get the update late May that my new baby was in the production line! She came out on the 5th of June, and got onto the boat to come to Tacoma, Washington on the 8th of June.

Now it's the 16th of June and it's getting hard to not refresh the tracking page every 15 minutes :p

Will miss retiring Edie (the '03 cooper), but can't wait for my Clubman!

Ken

·
Registered
191 Posts
I know how it feels - I was tracking my MINI on the boat over to the east coast before the OL even said it was in production. I picked up the car when the OL said it was waiting to be shipped. They really need to make that site a bit more up-to-date.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
kdyerMINI, welcome to MINI2 - the font of all things MINI.:D

Even if you've tested a Clubman, once you own it and drive it you'll see a world of differences between it and your '03. I think it's probably a "generational" MINI thing and the wheelbase length on the Clubman combined.

Promise to keep us up-to-date.;)

Reactions: kdyerMINI

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Even while looking at the Clubman and Clubman S I was amazed at all the differences. I have no idea how long it will take for my new baby to get here. Or where it comes ashore for that matter. So once it hits dry land I have no idea of how much longer until it finds it's way to washington state. The wait may well drive me crazy!

Did some digging around and it looks like she is headed to So. Cal. and should dock there on the 24. 8 days to get from the panama canal to California. Guess I can relax a *little* bit :)

At least it's a beautifully sunny day here, in Seattle we appreciate such things! :smile:

Ken

·
Living in Mini Wasteland
351 Posts
My daughter would love the extra room in the rear passenger area beyond what my '03 has.
I traded up from an 02. You will realize a lot more rear leg room. You get about 1.8 inches of room with the redesign for the 07 model year. And then you get another 2.5 inches with the upgrade to the Clubman. So you should be seeing more than 4 inches of additional legroom with the new car. My 6 year old son has plenty of legroom now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the real world experience! I'm not sure if my daughter is looking forward to the legroom more than I am looking forward to her hopefully kicking the back of the seat less ;-)

Looking over the specs it seems that the Clubman is about 12" longer stem to stern. So is 4" of that legroom to the rear seats and the remaining 8' cargo space? If my new baby gets here by the 17th of July I have a road trip planned for the 18th to head to Oregon to visit family, wondering if the boot will be big enough with the seats down to hold 2 dogs and our assorted baggage?

After poking about I see that my car is on the Rioletto which is due to dock in California on the 25th, so it will be a close call if luck is on my side. If not hopefully it will be awaiting my return :)

Ken

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the Dealer called yesterday and we setup an appointment for Saturday at 10AM to pick up my new baby! Yay!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
So where are your photos?! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts