MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was cleaning the underneath of the Mini and noticed the exhaust is rusty, then see there is a hole in it :eek: I can clean a car very well but I'm not so good mechanically, the rust is on the box on the drivers side.
I've taken some photos, click to enlarge them

What do you think?
What is that box called?

If it needs a new exhaust (and think it does) our warranty should cover it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've not put my hand into it but I don't think it has blown out the hole, you could be right that it's the first layer that has flaked off. However only having the car about 4 months and done around 2,000 miles it's not good. The car was bought from a Saab dealer and has an AA Warranty. I have just read the warranty and it only covers the catalytic converter not the exhaust system.

·
Registered
460 Posts
if its not blown, keep an eye on it a good be is have a quick look on ebay as theres usually a few second had ones about.

the first layer flaked off my cooper years ago and never had an issue soon to be something louder in place though

·
Registered
10 Posts
The wifes has gone in the same place, in fact it has started to blow there too. I have used it as an excuse to fit something a bit more errrrr sporty ;-)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yeah my exhaust went in the same place the outer skin rusted off and it looked pretty bad but it was like that for well over a year and was not blowing. I was going to leave it untill it started blowing but there was a great group buy on here for a Miltek so I swapped before it blew. As James says there are plenty of second hand standard exhausts on ebay etc. Don't worry about it untill you need to though. Mine got through MOT's with no problem - just an observation that the exhaust was corroded.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts