MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Mini Maniac
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any possible way of making the stock MCS exhaust any louder without actually fitting a new exhaust or spending a load of money?

I just love the noise it makes, but i can't hear it from inside and it drives me mad.

An R53 MCS drove past me once and it sounded louder than usual. But it had the original exhaust on, so i was wondering how they had made the sound louder.

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
105 Posts
get a drill and and drill a hole in the mid section :O

actually dont do that but it woulod make it louder lol (i have seen this done more times that you think, there are people who do this)

·
I'm Back!
2,590 Posts
I had an R56 S for a day test driving today, and I had the windows open :D

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
The exhaust pop/crackle noise is more noticeable on the R56 'S' with the Sports Button on for some reason, especially when changing gear from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd gear.

·
MINI Cooper S DG/B 08'
2 Posts
i think that the sport button dosent make any sound difference either tis on or off... i dont have sport button, but i had test drived one.. not really excited with it...

·
Mini Maniac
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Unfortunately the speed limit over here is only 40mph. So if i push it hard i'm breaking the speed limit in second gear. :D

I'm gonna get the JCW tuning kit. That exhaust sounds beautiful.

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
On the R53 they do a oneball mod, or GTT reroute. This effectively deletes one of the rear silencer boxes, freeing up flow and making it a bit louder.

On the R56 this could be done by a custom exhaust place such as a local powerflow supplier. Or you could delete the in line absorbsion silencer (if the R56 has one) and replace with a straight piece of pipe.

Reactions: mel deabreu

·
Mini Maniac
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the sensible answers. I was getting a bit bored with the stupid comments coming in from previous posters.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Sounds good (excuse the pun !).....but would it invalidate the warranty and also fail an MOT Co2 emission test :confused:
MOT will be fine. Warranty is slightly dodgy ground... You'll likely only have a problem if the turbo fails. The small print on the warranty makes it very easy for them to void it if need be...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts