MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I wanted to get an after market exhaust on my new MCC, but I was wondering if any other Cabrio owners have done this. The reason being, I don't want anything to noisy cause I drive with the top down alot. I like the sound of the Mini's in "The Italian Job" something nice and throaty, not ricey. Does anyone have any suggestions?

-KG

·
Registered
127 Posts
Exhaust

Since I don't have my Cabrio yet I can't comment on noise with the top down. However, I have a Borla unit on my 02 MC and it has a very nice sound. It is not objectionable at all and does have a throaty sound vs. the annoying sound emitted by many of the "rice rockets". I would compare it to an MG. It is very well made, all stainless, and comes with a million mile, i.e. lifetime warranty against rust or burn out. I understand that the sound of the S exhaust has been improved for 05 so I am not planning to put an aftermarket exhaust on my MCSC, at least at this time. Could change my mind after driving it for a while.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I had an MCC (not an S) as a loaner for three days from my dealer. Great car! Loved it! Great gearbox, good mileage, nice handling, faster than most small cars, but just not up to my MCSMC40 in performance or handiling--although it did handle really well, it was just a bit slowwww in comparison. Much better ride than my MCS though, I have to admit. Well modulated and very comfortable, even with the MC handling package.

At any rate, exhaust noise--no problems with the stock pipe, sort of nice, definitely there and letting you know that you were driving a "machine", not just a "car". Not as throaty as the MCS, but pleasurable. If I bought one, I could live with it.

Might want to go gor the MCSC, though, if I were you. I'm thinking about getting one next year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I already have the MCC, so there is no option of getting the S. I actually learned to drive stick cause I couldn't wait for the CVT, which I previously had for my Mini. I just wanted to see if anyone changed the stock exhaust, and what they used.

Also, I'm looking for something affordable. Maybe just a muffler. I'm not a big car person, so just something in a good price range and that sounds good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts