MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone.
I have my second mini cooper 2010 and this is very different car than first generation.
I would like to change exhaust and make suspension a bit stiffer, to make this car a bit more similar to my older Mini.

First.
At the moment i am thinking to change exhaust, and i know there is whole list of topics - how to do it.
I was wondering whether it is possible to install exhaust from mini r50 (i have installed one and was great sound with occasional pop) great little kit, but with cange model it is probably not possible due to lenght of exhausts.

And there is the question.
What is the lenght of exhaust from r50 and r56 (non S) and whether it would be possible to install old exhaust r50 on 2010 mini?

Second.
Suspension.
How to without spending millions and taking to special garages do it by myself?
Would be ok to just change springs or also shock absorbers need to be changed?

I would appreciate any advise on this.

Cheers

· Registered
3 Posts
I replaced the front and rear suspension on my 2008 R56 last month. It was not bad at all. For a stiffer ride I went with the Bilstein Sports. Also I recommend replacing the spring mounts in the front and the rear sway bushes. Fronts are a bit more difficult - two bolts on bottom - three on top. Rears are very easy with two on top and one on the bottom. If you are nor replacing the springs, you will need a spring compressor. Compressed air for air tools or high power impact drivers are a must in my opinion. Let me know if you want more specifics as the job is fresh in my mind. If you can get the car to Pennsylvania, I'd do the job with you :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.