MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some help in finding someone that can make me a custom exhaust.

I'm looking at buying the Alta down pipe but thinking that surely you can get a cat back for less than £600 that does the job.

Has anyone with a turbo MCS got something other than an off the shelf?

Can anyone recommend an exhaust shop?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Ben

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
I have found that powerflow dealers are usually pretty good. Check thier site for thier dealer network and find the nearest to your postcode/town.

On the turbo as straight as possible is good, also i think that nice big pipe 2 3/4" or 3" will probably be the way to go because as a rule the less back pressure the better on turbo car (certainly appeared the way to go on my mates scooby)

Reactions: Max Hooters

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah you're right. I've had some large power turbo cars before and it's always been 3 inch or larger in one instance.

Alta in the US have some good prices so I might try there first, be good to have something that fits right out of the box from the word go if it's not too bad on the wallet.

Thanks for your help.

·
Banned
33 Posts
Max this is a great bit of kit may be a little too much for what you want though being cat-less Ultra Tuning - Tube Afrique suppression de catalyseur Group N

Its very cheap, power gains will be very good and it fits onto the milltek catback and standard catback (straight fit) but seen as your keen on the alta im not sure if it would fit that..Just incase you wanted a few more options :) Or you could just go the whole 9 yards and go futureal33's route... Full 3" custom turbo back :) Check his youtube for some lovely vids

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
Powerflow dealer (a44 exhausts) in Worcester did some great work for my mate on a full custom exhaust on both his scooby and his Golfs. Also know they did an inline absorsion sports silencer on a MINI owners car that i know. He seemed happy enough... you had a bad experience with a dealer near you then Futureal?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All I want is a good quality, stainless steel catback with a resonator and a back box.

I will bring them a dump pipe. The DP is where the magic is at, the rest of the system should just be a straight pipe.

Having said all that if I can get the Alta one for the right price the quality of that with the v-band clamps looks amazing.

·
Banned
33 Posts
All I want is a good quality, stainless steel catback with a resonator and a back box.

I will bring them a dump pipe. The DP is where the magic is at, the rest of the system should just be a straight pipe.

Having said all that if I can get the Alta one for the right price the quality of that with the v-band clamps looks amazing.

i think the alta adaptor piece on the exhaust looks lovely! Think i saw the picture of it on their website.It does look like a nice exhaust. Ive been waiting for the right DP for ages and it surely will be magic :) Also as you mention the v-clamps being good on the alta, the ones i have on milltek are rubbish for tightening, will prob change them over at some point

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
You can get most places to do you a decent pipe if you give them the specs and tell them what pipe you want used. I have found that if your dead set on what is needed, instead of letting them decide whats best, then you'll be OK....but just cheack the websites by google searching for reviewes on a specific custom place if you find one that your thinking of using.

Reactions: Max Hooters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts