MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, strange as it may seem, the 'beer-can' tip from my stock exhaust fell off. not both sides, mind you...just one. will be taking back to dealer to get repaired, this is certainly a strange one , as other side rotates, but pulling like mad couldn't remove it from the pipe!:eek: :eek: :eek: :( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
BMW Traitor
1,192 Posts
woah weird. seems like the welds are lose..I'm assuming that they are welded..they should be. Or you hit a bump pretty hard and your back end bit it resulting in your tip smashing against the group. Like in the Italian Job (new) where Stella test drives the MCS indoors.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It happened to me twice, I was sure I never hit anything, but somehow I lost the tip twice, both times the same one, very strange...but it was under warranty, and dealer can install it in about 5 min.

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
eddieboyII said:
the exhaust tips are held by a screw each... it might be loose... just tighten it with an allen wrench.. not sure of the size.
Yep. No welds.

Mine are just rotting in the back yard. If you need them let me know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
obehave
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing