MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
fun fun fun!
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I was wondering if anyone had the driving lights instaled. I was hoping for pictures and i was wondering if they are worth the price?
THanks

·
Bugaboo Racer
1,559 Posts
Have a look in my gallery - I;ve got the factory ones fitted on my MC and ordered them again on my MCS (due soon!). Personally I think they look great, although four would be cooler :cool:

·
fun fun fun!
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey.. NICE CAR!
Colink - Do you think they will look good on a 05' mcsc? red like yours?.. thats what we have on order!.. Do you think they every help for driving?.. how much were they?

anyone got us price?

·
Only Unbalanced
924 Posts
There are lots of aftermarket options which are substantially cheaper. Remember, $400 clams is NOT installed. You need to either do that yourself, or pay for it.

I'm giving thought to 4 also. Kinda neat.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Here are the quad spots from Minisport.com.

Took about two and a half hours to fit but it is fairly straight forward - instructions are comprehensive.

Just need tp wire them in which doesn't look hard, just need to make a connection to the high beam wire.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
fun fun fun!
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice lights.. they dont need dealer activation right?? and also do they ship to us? and on a 1-10 scale 10 being very ahrd and 1 being very easy waht do you rate the lights instalation.

·
Registered
543 Posts
No they don't need dealer activation, just a connection to the high beam wire. Comes with a fused loom and all the gromets etc for making a nice neat job.

Not sure about the shipping to US, check out

http://www.minisport.com/worldwide-agents.html

Well I would say about a 6, the instructions are very good and if you have decent tools (including a drill and torx screw driver) then you will be ok. I used a dremel for removing the internal bumper lip to allow smooth fitting of the bar, much better than a hacksaw and neater. Needs a hole drilled into the back of the metal bumper support so a good drill is needed ( you remove the support to drill it not drill it on the car).

Hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts