MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hullo,

I'm specing up my mini at the moment. Here's what i'm thinking at present (it changes daily!)

Cooper in electric blue (yum!)
ASC+T (everyone seems to recommend it!)
(Automatic?) air con - is automatic worth it?
heated mirrors/washerjets
visibility pack (rain sensor,quick clear windscreen,auto dim mirror)
parking distance control
front foglights (anyone think these ruin the look a little?)
multi function steering wheel (cruise control, rock!)
xenon headlights

Non factory things i'm going for:
nokia car kit
ipod connection
tomtom go
origin b2

Thoughts? Anything you'd drop? Replace? Change? Updade? Thanks,

Tom

·
The Red Fox
4,979 Posts
The steering wheel controls are well...amazing! I wouldn't drive another car without them because basically they are soooo cool and far better to use then medling with your radio all the time! Definetely worth it in my view. Always a good laugh when you flick through your radio stations when you have a passenger in the car as they are trying to work out how its happening...hehe :D And the cruise control as so you says "rocks!"...very helpful to keep to those speed limits ( ;) :rolleyes: )and great on long journeys...saves your legs alot!

And the Xens are great....because all the times that drivers used to blind me with their white lights, well now I can get them back and blind them instead! And with the Xens, theres no need to adjust the lights positions when you have different loads in your cars as I found out while reading the manual!

With the Auto AC, I have it because the previous owner had it put on there, but basically I've only ever used it once (In London because couldnt have the windows down because of the fumes!) and the rest of the time just have it done on the lowest setting on the thermostat or have the windows down (which definetely makes your car alot cooler!)

And I wish they would make the Ipod thing connection a proper BMW accessory, since I have no desire to damage my car (I know, I cried for days I felt that sad) further by improper fitting.

Anyway. Hope your car lives up to your expectations :cool: !

·
Registered
284 Posts
I got sport seats in my '03 Cooper and I've been quite pleased with them (...the standard seats may have been upgraded a bit by now...not sure). The steering wheel, the seats, and the shifter...this is where you constantly interface w/ the car, so upgrades in these get perpetual use.

·
Registered
188 Posts
not sure what you mean by ASC+T... do you mean DSC? I also agree with the sport seats, the buckets are just plain ugly. Also I haven't heard the greating things about the PDC you might instead want to consider a way to get the rear camera and SAT NAV instead.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hullo all,

Thanks for the comments! The seats are in! Also, the auto air con is out, I'm going to keep manual tho, I think. ASC+T I'm told is Automatic Stability Control plus Traction, which is the thing that gives me lots of cool switches and stops my car from getting stuck, is that wrong? This is UK spec. The PDC gives you a camera?! I thought it just gave you a beepy thing that told you when you were about to hit something! Sat nav would be nice, but it's loads and i've not heard it's brilliant so I'm going to get a 3rd party sat nav thing instead.

Tom

·
All White
468 Posts
What about the Chili pack or Pepper pack?

I've recently specced a cooper too, similar spec to yours but in PW and without the pdc, but also included Chili pack, chrome interior, anthracite headliner and alloy patina dash. Trying to arrange with my dealer to get x-lites on instead of the fin alloys.

Rob

·
Is it just me, or...?
546 Posts
Hi Tomasz

I agree with the 3rd party sat nav, I've been thinking this myself. You can get something very good for about 500 quid now, that you can use in any car (or even outside!). Seems to make more sense.

Is the multifunction steering wheel really that good? Believe it or not, I've never driven a car with cruise control (although the built-in radio functions are nice). Is it worth getting, as I'm still waiting for a build-slot and might be able to add this?

·
The Red Fox
4,979 Posts
Well I'm not a lazy person (parents would disagree) but the cruise control definetely is worth it on the long straight roads round my way....until the Nissan Micra driven by the 89 year old gets in the way and you have to turn it off. ARGH! But apart from that I find it very useful in the old 30 and 40 mph limits because I stick to the speed limits (couldn't afford to get done for speeding at my age!), but really its all up to you!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Tomasz said:
Hullo all,

Thanks for the comments! The seats are in! Also, the auto air con is out, I'm going to keep manual tho, I think. ASC+T I'm told is Automatic Stability Control plus Traction, which is the thing that gives me lots of cool switches and stops my car from getting stuck, is that wrong? This is UK spec. The PDC gives you a camera?! I thought it just gave you a beepy thing that told you when you were about to hit something! Sat nav would be nice, but it's loads and i've not heard it's brilliant so I'm going to get a 3rd party sat nav thing instead.

Tom

not sure how it works in the UK, but the Cooper does not come with ASC+T only Cooper S. The only way to get is to spec DSC which includes with it, ASC+T. As for the PDC, it only beeps. I've read somewhere that it's annoying, but it seems okay if you have to park in tight spaces and have the money. What I meant with the camera is that now they have a retrofit for a rear and blind spot cameras that are compatible with the SAT NAV. So if you get that then you could get the cameras, although the price difference between PDC and SAT NAV + camera's is quite a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.