MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post however I have seen a few messages on here about the JCW Pro Tuning Kit & Exhaust for the F56 Cooper S.
I had this installed at the cost of £1620 with the stainless steel exhaust (£1800 for the carbon tips option). The stainless too has the JCW logo stamped/etched on.

The performance difference to around 210bhp from stock is quite a change! It pulls really well from around 40mph in sixth too, saving down-change.

The 'clever' exhaust system too with the Bluetooth flap opening sounds just fantastic! A gimmick for sure, but great fun for deep dark tunnels and parking lots - I actually set someone's car alarm off the other day in a parking lot just by driving past at slow speed!

If you can afford it - I would recommend. It also doesn't effect your manufactures warranty either,so your service packs are still okay too!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi great to hear you are enjoying your tuning kit... i have just ordered a Cooper S from my local UK dealer
and expect to take delivery around the end of September : )) i'm very tempted to order the JCW tuning kit
but after speaking to the sales assistant who took my order i'm a little confused !! she tells me that the extra
power is only available once the the exhaust valve has been opened !! ( track mode ) is she correct or is the extra hp permanent
which ever setting you have the exhaust on ? Any info appreciated : ))
Cheers
Kev

·
Registered
590 Posts
Thanks JC for sharing your experience as I have had my f56 S since April and want a little more oomph. Once I read about the mini challenge 210 I knew the tunning kit would be just the thing.

So this week the parts arrive and installation will occur.

Yes Kevlar I saw another thread that states the power is different between exhaust modes and even car modes eg sport mode. They had dyno pics showing it.

·
Registered
590 Posts
This is my first post however I have seen a few messages on here about the JCW Pro Tuning Kit & Exhaust for the F56 Cooper S.
I had this installed at the cost of £1620 with the stainless steel exhaust (£1800 for the carbon tips option). The stainless too has the JCW logo stamped/etched on.

The performance difference to around 210bhp from stock is quite a change! It pulls really well from around 40mph in sixth too, saving down-change.

The 'clever' exhaust system too with the Bluetooth flap opening sounds just fantastic! A gimmick for sure, but great fun for deep dark tunnels and parking lots - I actually set someone's car alarm off the other day in a parking lot just by driving past at slow speed!

If you can afford it - I would recommend. It also doesn't effect your manufactures warranty either,so your service packs are still okay too!
Couple months on how are You finding the tunning kit?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi .. well i think from digging around a bit its a permanent power increase but you can opt for
the broken exhaust sound if you wish !! Lol.. i'm only interested in the HP increase but you have
to have the hole package!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine is sitting at the dealership waiting on my appointment next week. The extra power is through the ~3lbs of boost added with the tune. Very few exhausts are giving you much wheel horsepower so I'm almost certain they are mistaken, otherwise no tune would be necessary for any performance gain.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Junuts
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing