MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

can you help me please?

I need to disable the horn as it keeps randomly firing!

I have looked for the fuse but it isnt clear which one to pull: I suspect it would be better to pull the relay, can anyone A tell me which one and B tell me where to find it????

Thank you in advance

tony

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Hi All

can you help me please?

I need to disable the horn as it keeps randomly firing!

I have looked for the fuse but it isnt clear which one to pull: I suspect it would be better to pull the relay, can anyone A tell me which one and B tell me where to find it????

Thank you in advance

tony
before looking at ways to remove the horn totally and technically making the car illegal to use on a road and all the other insurance hassle you might get if had a accident etc,, but if still want to go a head, reach in passengers side of wheel arch plastics and pull wires off horn it self,,, bit i'm not telling you this is in anyway a good thing to do. as sods laws someone will walk out in front of you after and you will have no way to warn them your there,, hence why its a legal must have thing on all cars and a mot failure to not have one,
need to find out why its doing it,, if it does t when turn steering wheel then its within the steering wheel squib ie tiny wiring has found earth in the steering plastics etc,
or if not this then its parts of body control module the module holds a number of very small relays soldered in not easy to repair BBA REMAN do a repair service best way forward as warranty of life of car after..
the bcm is encoded to car so cant just replace it with a secondhand one, from main agents new one and fit as need programming £500 plus ish, repairing the old one is by far best way as use better relays in the repair,
link for bba reman
Home (GB) | BBA Reman

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow thanks Mike that will do the job until I can get it fixed!

A little more detail: car was in a 30mph smash recently and its only been doing this since I got it back from the repairers - so they will have to look at it as most of the front end has been replaced.

I can get it in next week but I darent hardly use the car because of the horn going off everytime I turn the steering wheel! lol

So: only a temp fix will do just fine for now!

Thank you mate

tony

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike do you mean pull off the black plastic wheel arch liner on the outside of the car or the inner liner to get at the horn wires?

As it looks like its the steering wheel is that something easily fixed or.......................??????

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Mike do you mean pull off the black plastic wheel arch liner on the outside of the car or the inner liner to get at the horn wires?

As it looks like its the steering wheel is that something easily fixed or.......................??????
1st off as been is accident at 30mph chances are airbag would of been deployed chances are this damaged the steering wheel electrics in some way ,
2nd the wheel arch inner parts ie where front wheels lives or you might be able with small hands be able to reach down between bumper plastics on passenger side.
who ever repaired it after damage done should fix it by sound s of it

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
found it. disconnected it. Silence!
Thanks Mike Thumbs up
just be careful not to get in to a position where anything happens could open up a can of worms

1 - 7 of 7 Posts