MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know where the mic is fitted on the facelift if you opt for the optional bluetooth?

I have asked my dealer and they have no idea!

I know the earlier one had a bit on the clock thing where the mic went, but I fail to see where its suppost to go on mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was wondering the very same thing as I drove to work this morning!. Sorry I can't help, but I can add my pending thanks to anyone who shares the answer.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well considering even the parts manager at mini didn't have a clue, I'm not sure there is much hope!

He did say if I wanted bluetooth fitted they could do it for just under £2k :confused:

·
Registered
727 Posts
It depends on your model.

Hatchback without sunroof, you get a seperate little moulding in the roof liner.
Item no. 10 here :- RealOEM.COM   BMW R53 Cooper S HEADLINING / HANDLE

Hatchback with sunroof, it fits into the sunroof control panel in the headliner.
Item no. 10 here :- RealOEM.COM   BMW R53 Cooper S HEADLIN./HANDLE LIFT-UP&SLIDE-BACK SUNR.

Cabrio, it fits into the header rail trim near the folding roof controls.
Item no. 4 here :- RealOEM.COM   BMW R52 Cooper S TRIM PANEL A-COLUMN/INT.WINDSHIELD PANEL

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where does item 10 fit though?

Does it basically require a different headlining, or am I missing something?

Regards,
Hollinshead.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So basically you have to hack the headlining apart?

That mic holder looks massive too!

I think I'll look for an alternative method, like hiding it round the back of that airbag light or something.

I don't suppose anyone has a pic of this fitted to a ph2 r53 do they?

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
They are very directional, so hiding it is not a great one I'm afraid. Really it needs to be in front and above you as much as possible on all the kits I have every had or seen. They tend to lose the pic-up very easily if they are aligned either directly above or facing the wrong way. The MINI one may be different though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts